Forgive my ignorance..........

3 replies to this topic
  • BEAR

Posted August 07, 2002 - 04:31 AM

........but what is a BK MOD and it's purpose?I have noticed everyone but me has this , is this something I need? :)

• crazyadam

Posted August 07, 2002 - 04:40 AM

what year bike do you have?
older bikes were getting to much fuel pumped in by the accelerator pump, with each twist of the throttle. my 2K was about 4.5 sec of squirt.
The Brian Kinney Mod puts a screw on the accel. pump actuator arm to limit duration of fuel pump.

Lots of info in the search... Motoman393 has great instructions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted August 07, 2002 - 04:42 AM

A bk Mod is a modification created by Brian Kinny (Factory Mechanic to Tim Ferry)

It is a mod that allows one to set the Spurt duration of the eccel pump on the carb to get rid of a famous bog at idle.

If you have a 2000 - 2002 426 or 250 the BKmod may be what you want to do.

the web iste to look at the bkmod is here
http://motoman393.fo.../tech/carb.html

Geez I di that without my famous Burger King Schtick

• Boit

Posted August 07, 2002 - 06:24 AM

Before the BK mod became widely known, Factory R&D developed a replacement accelerator pump bottom plate called the P-38 that was aimed at shortening the duration of the fuel squirt when the throttle was whacked open suddenly. It worked perfectly on my '00 and got rid of that damn annoying hesitation. The BK mod is a much better solution because of it's adjustability and the cost is less than $10. If you have sharp throttle response at all times, you don't need to worry about this mod.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.