426 blowby

5 replies to this topic
  • ironhead

Posted July 13, 2004 - 12:06 PM

I have an 01 426 that I believe has a good amount of hours on, not sure. it starts and runs great but I noticed it pushes alot of air out of the big breather hose down under the the flywheel cover. I also noticed a little oil drips out after I shut it off, 2 maybe 3 drops over a 1/2 hour period. it looks like there is just a little moisture in the oil, not white just a little lighter brown and a trace of foam in it. it is a little over full of oil and the anti-freeze hasnt gone down any that I noticed. I am new to the yamahas and dont know what is normal on these beasts so any help would be appreciated thanks :thumbsup: :devil:

• Dano426

Posted July 13, 2004 - 01:31 PM

It sounds normal. I had similar question after doing my 03 exhaust cam install, thinking it had something to do with that, but it had been doing it all along--- Just hadn't noticed.

• Satch0922

Posted July 13, 2004 - 01:32 PM

Perfectly normal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jmw00

Posted July 13, 2004 - 04:35 PM

That is completly normal.... For the water that seems to be in the oil, I read in another thread that there is also some steam that can come out of the breather hose so that would be the source of the water in oil appearance... Thought something was wrong with my bike when i first got it and posted a simular question to yours. :thumbsup:

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 14, 2004 - 03:38 AM

That is completly normal.... For the water that seems to be in the oil, I read in another thread that there is also some steam that can come out of the breather hose so that would be the source of the water in oil appearance... Thought something was wrong with my bike when i first got it and posted a simular question to yours. :thumbsup:

As stated above All Normal.

The spuggy that comes out is normal as well depending on your climate its a mixture of moisture and oil that gets beat to a froth and then collects and leaks out of the tube after a ride.

Things to be fearful of if you see smoke coming out of the tube or excessive oil.. Thats a :devil:

• ironhead

Posted July 17, 2004 - 02:24 PM

Thanks guys, that makes me sleep a little better. I thought it was the beginning of the end and I just started to like her. I had a klx 300 before and, well its no secret the performance bar was a little lower but you just hammered that thing and changed oil with zero problems. now with this kind of H.P. I am kinda paranoid when it comes to dependability. after all it feels like a top fuel dragster in comparison and they like their maintainance. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.