No Pastrana at Millville

11 replies to this topic
  • yamaha426

Posted August 06, 2002 - 01:17 PM

Just when I get all excited to see TP back in action at Millville he cancels. I just read on Motoworld.com that after winning the freestyle at the Gravity Games he wrecked during the step up and tore his ACL and LCL....he will be out for 4-5 months it says. Wonder what Suzuki thinks now? Most of the supercross season and all of the nationals down the tubes. I wish that he would get it through his head that if he would just concentrate on racing for a couple of years he could whoop up and RC in a big way. This sucks, now I'm bummed. :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 08, 2002 - 01:10 PM

He fall down go boom! More like boom crack!

• Fastest1

Posted August 08, 2002 - 07:55 PM

He will never beat RC. He is too immature. It is obvious from his actions. But maybe sponsors just want their names in the public eye (marketing). If he ever does beat RC, it will be a fluke. RC eats,sleeps, and dreams bikes. He eats his Wheaties and trains like Lance Armstrong. Nobody but maybe Bubba is as hungry.

• z4me

Posted August 09, 2002 - 04:34 AM

Originally posted by Fastest1:
He will never beat RC. He is too immature. It is obvious from his actions. But maybe sponsors just want their names in the public eye (marketing). If he ever does beat RC, it will be a fluke. RC eats,sleeps, and dreams bikes. He eats his Wheaties and trains like Lance Armstrong. Nobody but maybe Bubba is as hungry.

Huh? Have you really followed RC's career? He was once considered too immature to beat McGrath. He was overweight and out of control - he got over it, Pastrana could too. TP does need to decide to race and not freestyle if he really wants the title though...

• yznvegas

Posted August 09, 2002 - 05:18 AM

"Huh? Have you really followed RC's career? He was once considered too immature to beat McGrath. He was overweight and out of control - he got over it, Pastrana could too. TP does need to decide to race and not freestyle if he really wants the title though..."

The question is have you followed Carmichael's career???

Carmichael got on the ball at a younger age and has been on the ball ever since. He doesn't get distracted by the trendy "Gravity Games" or whatever the hell they call it.

Pastrana's time is passing quickly and if he keeps doing freestyle, he won't amount to a hill of beans.

• jmx631

Posted August 09, 2002 - 06:46 AM

I would have to say that Travis is not as focused as he should be. He is a kid having fun. However I do think that he has the most natural talent in motocross. When he is on he is unstoppable. If he is all healed and in shape for supercross he wil be in the top 3.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • westladog

Posted August 09, 2002 - 06:51 AM

Please define "natural talent" and compare it to RC, MC, Kevin Windham, and BS.

[ August 09, 2002: Message edited by: westladog ]

• yznvegas

Posted August 09, 2002 - 07:21 AM

"Please define "natural talent" and compare it to RC, MC, Kevin Windham, and BS."

I think it has just become trendy to say Pastrana has natural talent. It's almost an excuse for why he never does that well throughout the season. It usually goes like this, "Well, Carmichael won again but, damn, that Pastrana is talented"

WHAT ABOUT THE TWO TOP RIDERS IN THE USA RIGHT NOW????? CARMICHAEL AND BUBBA, DON'T THEY HAVE "natural talent"??????

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 09, 2002 - 07:32 AM

Bubba and RC have natural talent, they also have heart, desire and commitment. And the last three count for more than the first, because they mutliply each other. Marty Smith is the best example I can come up with to illustrate this. Marty was good, but others were better. Marty would win out of pure spite for the other racers. Him and David Bailey would sit in the hotel rooms and go back and fourth riling each other up to win. RC has that instinct in him, and so does Bubba. Bubba showed it big time with the whole pulling over and letting Reed go by and then smokin back past episode. It boils down to "I got something to prove" and they prove it to the whole freakin world.

• jmx631

Posted August 09, 2002 - 08:15 AM

All that is was trying to say is that what ever Pastrana picks up and does he is good at freestyle, mx, bmx, rally cars etc. I think that it comes a lot easier to so he does not have to try as hard.

• z4me

Posted August 09, 2002 - 08:30 AM

Bob "Hurricane" Hannah had very little natural talent. He did have probably the biggest set of balls to ever grace the track though. That made up for it.

• RIDEPATE

Posted August 09, 2002 - 02:43 PM

hey talking about Bob Hannah brings up a question nobody seems to be able to answer. The YROC race, (yamaha race of champions)why wont Hannah ride???? I think he's scared "big" Bradshaw will send him home with his tail tucked under. Whats the deal??? jimbo

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.