Spark Arrestor adjustments?

I notice that when I put my spark arrestor on I start getting this popping backiring noise when I let off the throttle. IS this normal? Am I supposed to change my jetting or change the richness of my fuel screw??

Also when letting off the throttle the rev's stay high sometimes and sometimes they come back down to normal. Have had overheating issues once because of this. Anyone know why the engine doesn't drop back down to idling RPM??

So you think the high revving is caused by it being lean also huh?

I have a FMF Ti-4 and I bought the FMF spark arrestor. It was open before so that's kind of what I thought that since the air flow would be restricted then the fuel would be richer. So then it's the opposite of being lean. Hmmm...

Little confused on this one...

It also died a few times when I rolled up to a stop sign. I think that might be because I have the idle to low.

So basically I need to fudge around with the fuel screw and the idle till I can find a happy medium huh?

O.K. I've worked on the carb a bit so far. I've replaced the pilot jet and cleaned out the float bowl and the main jet. I'm not familiar with the needle though. ? How do you adjust that?

btw thanks for the info so far