Tank Cover

3 replies to this topic
  • Oregon_Thumper

Posted August 06, 2002 - 05:03 AM


I bought my 426 used and when I took off the tank for the first time I noticed that there was a cover over the tank that had the new graphics on it and the old stock ones where still on the bike. Does anyone know where I can get another hard plastic cover like the one I have. I have looked around and can't seem to find one. It is nice to have because your graphics will never bubble and it probably saved my tank from a puncture wound when one of my tie downs let go and the bike fell in the back of the truck. It is cracked and dented from the fall and I would like to get a new one.

  • Amador

Posted August 06, 2002 - 12:39 PM


Unfortunately, they do not make them anymore. They where having problems with them cracking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oregon_Thumper

Posted August 07, 2002 - 06:08 AM


That sucks. I think they are pretty cool. You don't have to worry about taking off graphics, just get another one and put the new graphics on. And it protects your tank.

  • PumpkinHumper

Posted August 07, 2002 - 07:02 AM


bbr used to make them. Not sure if they still do. Ive only seen them in catalouge's

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.