BRP: 650 Only?

2 replies to this topic
  • targetdrone

Posted July 12, 2004 - 06:51 PM

It it only the XR650 that is considered a Big Red Pig? I was wondering if the term applies to the XR600 or even as far down as the XR/XL500. I sat on the XR650L down at the dealer. That is one tall bike. I am 6 ft with fairly long legs and the bike was almost too tall for me. I'd probably have to drop it just a wee bit, but I'm will to suffer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • needsprayer

Posted July 13, 2004 - 03:55 AM

I don't know if the term BRP existed before the XR650R came out. However, BRP has become popular and now the XR650L owners like to use the endearing term as well. The qualifiers (IMHO) would be: 1) It's a Big Bore single cylinder, 2) It's Red (Honda only, no wannabe's) and 3) It's a Pig (Heavy, yet Powerful with massive torque).

For example, while the DRZ400 is Heavy it is not a BRP because is it puny (400cc), not powerful and it's Yellow. :thumbsup:

• jlpskydive

Posted July 13, 2004 - 05:35 AM

I'm giong with TC's 650L nick name. BRPL=Big Red Pig Light :devil: :thumbsup: :awww:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.