WR 400..... backfiring, stalling

5 replies to this topic
  • bake

Posted July 12, 2004 - 06:49 PM

Tonight on the way down the mountain my bike started acting up, it's backfiring and stalling.

At the bottom I tried to open it up on flatter ground and it started accelerating nice then nothing, motor stalled wouldn't refire. Any ideas?

bake

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 12, 2004 - 07:14 PM

Dirt in the float bowl? Tight valves? Mine did that one time with a resticted main air jet (too much filter oil). :thumbsup: Good luck

• V968231

Posted July 14, 2004 - 12:29 AM

See:
http://www.thumperta...art=&PHPSESSID=

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KevB

Posted July 20, 2004 - 04:22 AM

Hi,

I had the same problem on my 98 WR400 during a weekend of wet-weather riding... turned out to be lots of water and cr*p in the carb, especially in the Acc. pump bowl. Take some compressed air to your jets and it should be fine...

Kevin

• The_Missile

Posted July 26, 2004 - 01:15 AM

cr&p in the carb ???
check your fuel filter
check your breather hoses & reroute one of each assembly to the air box to avoid sucking crap into it from water etc.

• TallBoysWRF

Posted July 26, 2004 - 06:14 AM

Try changing your spark plug :thumbsup: My 99 acts similarly to what you are describing when the plug gets fouled. I change my plug and all is well. Just my .02

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.