Big ups for Big Gun Quiet

2 replies to this topic
  • wrpunisher

Posted June 06, 2001 - 02:24 PM

I'm really enjoying my new Big Gun. I've yet to run the race core, but the Quiet is everything I was hoping it would be. It passed the sound check at 96 Db - that was with the airbox lid off and room to stuff more packing in the silencer. Lots of snap off the bottom, and good pull in the middle and on top. This is just what I was looking for for woods riding, and depending on how loud the Race core is (um, performance will probably factor in too :D), I might just leave the Quiet on permenantly. Anyway, I'm stoked :)

------------------
Chris
99WR400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted June 07, 2001 - 11:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wrpunisher:
[B]I'm really enjoying my new Big Gun. I've yet to run the race core, but the Quiet is everything I was hoping it would be. It passed the sound check at 96 Db - that was with the airbox lid off and room to stuff more packing in the silencer. Lots of snap off the bottom, and good pull in the middle and on top. This is just what I was looking for for woods riding, and depending on how loud the Race core is (um, performance will probably factor in too :D), I might just leave the Quiet on permenantly. Anyway, I'm stoked :)

Is the quiet core also a spark arrestor? I'm seriously considering the quieting down approach as my stock YZ silencer on my '98 WR isn't that silent....runs great, though!

How much did it set you back?

• wrpunisher

Posted June 08, 2001 - 07:00 AM

Yeah it comes with a SA that can be used with either core - It's just a screen that bolts into the end cap. The cap is stamped USFS approved. The whole system was $460 US.

------------------
Chris
99WR400F

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.