People that cant take a joke...

43 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted August 06, 2002 - 06:35 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh
NOT THE FACE NOOOO NOT THE FACE

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 06, 2002 - 06:55 AM

Hey now, dont be baggin on the Preston Petty's. Ive got a 71' BSA 250 victor in the garage with Petty's on it. And talk about ahead of its time, it has a 20" front wheel too. Wanna hear something really crazy, the knobby tire on the front of that ol beezer came off my dads 55 Triumph! It had been in the garage under an inflatable boat since my dad put a rib on the front. The rubber boat was completely decomposed,but it totally sealed the tire from the air. It was like new! Except for a small knick in the sidewall where my dad drove it up the curb, when the knobbie didnt stick in the street. Big wreck.
Im gonna buy a CR450F, ya, know why, Kyle Lewis is kickin butt on a bike I can acutally buy/build. Its light, starts easy, and they fixed most of the brain farts of last year. Sorry guys.

• Amador

Posted August 06, 2002 - 07:12 AM

I'm just going to start jogging.

• starttman

Posted August 06, 2002 - 11:48 AM

i had a 72 sl 70 with preston petty plastics.i also had an evil knievil red white and blue helmet.demz were tha dayz..... l got a chuckle from the rap music tidbit.i wonder what size trailer he has....i bet its a doublewide....

• rmarion

Posted August 06, 2002 - 02:39 PM

Shawn

Whose baggin, those where my days. :)

• Boit

Posted August 07, 2002 - 03:59 AM

Fat chick??? Who wants a fat chick? I'll be tickled to death to set ya up with my 1st ex. She's only put on about 175lbs since our divorce. You might even find a barely used TV remote on your honeymoon night with her. Sooner, if you buy her dinner on the first date.

• Dodger

Posted August 07, 2002 - 06:18 AM

Fat girls keep ya warm in the winter and shady in the summer.

beezer.......your killing me, LOL :) :D !!

Dodger :D :D

• Kev_XR

Posted August 07, 2002 - 12:21 PM

Originally posted by pavelkod:
Dont bother w/2003 yz450f unless you already have no bike. The yz426 is not that much slower. Sure it is a bit heaver. What you might shave 1-2 seconds off your lap time. Tim ferry is not doing any better of faster w/ his 450f.

re Tim Ferry...
As far as I know, Tim Ferry must continue to run a YZ426 in the Nationals this year due to AMA rules.

His factory YZ426 is probably lighter than a new stock 2003 YZ450.

His factory YZ426 could be as big as 550cc as still be AMA legal for this year. Who knows if he is running an overbore piston or stroked crank???

• BigLou

Posted August 08, 2002 - 01:15 AM

Kev-That's it EXACTLY! I would be willing to bet that whatever Ferry is riding, is tweaked, bored, stroked and tuned to its utmost potential! And so are everyone else's rides, too. I mean, hey, these are factory pros, are they not?

Why, I bet he's running a 175lb, 550cc, 78HP, fire-breathin', factory monster! :)

• gonzo

Posted August 08, 2002 - 04:40 AM

Actually you are correct Ferry is riding the 426 for the rest of nationals. According to AMA rules you are not allowed to ride a bike outside of the current model year. As far as what he is riding, its not bored out. That is illegal as well. Full "Works" bikes have not been legal since the mid 80's when guys were riding 500cc 190lbs. bikes. Once the bike is out of prototype and into production the cylinder size cannot be modified but the porting can. As well as the cases split and matched yata yata yata. As well as the trans cannot be modified. Even though his bike is a 3 speed it still has all five gears. It has to, to be legal, but you dont have to use them and you can modify them. The first three are tall and the last 2 are actually blocked off with plastic so that you cannot shift to them but they are there. The secret to his bike is the carb and the porting. For power on a bike that is where you make it. I am sure there is probably about 30grand worth of mods on that bike that you can't buy (that is why they are so expensive). The most important in my opinion is suspension. what good is power if you can't use it. That has been highly tuned on his bike as well. I do know that his bike weighs 226lbs wet. That is the AMA limit, no less for a open class fourstroke. Basically yes the f*&cker rips!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 08, 2002 - 06:54 AM

And from what I have heard from Ferry's testing of the '03 450, it is faster, lighter & better than his 426.......

• Blade275

Posted August 08, 2002 - 07:09 AM

actually, his gears arn't blocked off by plastic, the gears themselves are made of plastic.

• MXOldtimer

Posted August 08, 2002 - 08:32 AM

Originally posted by gonzo:
As far as what he is riding, its not bored out. That is illegal as well.
>>
>>
Once the bike is out of prototype and into production the cylinder size cannot be modified but the porting can.

How does Cooper get away with running a "540"

• thumper4life

Posted August 08, 2002 - 08:49 AM

good question! :)

now wheres the answer, this should be a good one

• bajafiend

Posted August 08, 2002 - 10:44 AM

250--fox 450---fat girl

• discopete

Posted August 08, 2002 - 11:58 AM

howzit go, "fat chicks are like motor scooters, they are fun to ride until your friends catch you on one" :D :D :D :D :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 08, 2002 - 12:06 PM

Coop gets to ride the 540 because the fourstroke limit is 550cc. The AMA doesnt have a limit on the stroke of a bike, so I believe Coop is running a stock 520 cylinder and a stroked crank. Like a 520 isnt enough :)

• Kev_XR

Posted August 08, 2002 - 12:30 PM

Originally posted by Shawn Mc:
Coop gets to ride the 540 because the fourstroke limit is 550cc. The AMA doesnt have a limit on the stroke of a bike, so I believe Coop is running a stock 520 cylinder and a stroked crank. Like a 520 isnt enough :)

Hey, he is spotting 10+ years to most of the competition. I'd want nitrous for the bike and oxygen for me!

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 08, 2002 - 02:00 PM

TEN years, heck he's got ten years on the next oldest guy on the track (LaRocco)and almost 20 on most! I wouldnt need nitros oxcide, Id want an Oxygen bottle for my body! Hey you could hang a bottle of each off each side the bike!! Best not get the delivery lines mixed up, or the first turn is gonna be a crack up! :)

• holeshot

Posted August 08, 2002 - 05:06 PM

Originally posted by MXOldtimer:

How does Cooper get away with running a "540"

I was wondering the same thing. Yeah, the limit this year is still 550 cc for four strokes, but the production bike (KTM520) is only a 510. So, does that mean that the "production rule" doesn't apply to displacement?

It's strange that they should be so fussy about having the correct number of gears in the tranny, yet allow Cooper to change the bore or stroke.

Unless he really isn't running a 540..... :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.