the almighty dollar and late bikes!

12 replies to this topic
  • therapture

Posted August 05, 2002 - 08:50 AM

Bah! Call me a traitor, call me a lamer, it don't matter. :D I am fed up with the delayed YZF450 release. Even Yamaha of Troy says that they are not sure when they are getting them (baloney) and I talked to a couple of other Yamaha dealers that said 4-6 weeks, and they won't discount them. (bah!)

So...here we are. I am getting a CRF450 2003 model. That bike is plenty good, and until the YZF I always was a Honda rider....not to mention my local dealer has one on the showroom floor and I am getting a deal that is about 600 bucks cheaper than a blue machine. With a bit of luck I might be riding it this weekend!

sorry Yamaha, maybe next year :) :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 05, 2002 - 08:52 AM

See ya later Traitor :D :D Posted Image

I dont blame you, but dont come snivling back when they arrive and you got that red toad :)

• therapture

Posted August 05, 2002 - 08:55 AM

Originally posted by E.G.O.****:
See ya later Traitor :D :D Posted Image

I dont blame you, but dont come snivling back when they arrive and you got that red toad :)

LOL...Ego, we can always count on you for some interesting posts!
:D

• yznvegas

Posted August 05, 2002 - 08:56 AM

Don't worry about that air leak Hondas are famous for, it will probably fix it self with time.

Just kidding, have fun on your new bike.

• yznvegas

Posted August 05, 2002 - 08:56 AM

Oh, yah, I almost forgot, you get a free gear when you buy a Honda too.

• Slymax

Posted August 05, 2002 - 08:58 AM

This is a 2003 bike you are talking about. I tried an 02 CRF450 and my 02 YZ426 is faster and handles better (even the CRF owner agreed) The new YZ450 is going to be lighter, with more power........Your loss

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slymax

Posted August 05, 2002 - 09:02 PM

If you want good clean fresh hay then you must expect to pay a fair price and wait for delivery. However, if you can be satisfied with hay that has already been through the cow, that comes a little cheaper and is readily available.

• yznvegas

Posted August 05, 2002 - 09:39 PM

"If you want good clean fresh hay then you must expect to pay a fair price and wait for delivery. However, if you can be satisfied with hay that has already been through the cow, that comes a little cheaper and is readily available. "

ROFLMAO, that is a good one. :)

• therapture

Posted August 05, 2002 - 10:32 AM

Don't worry guys, maybe I can still show you how not to be "sheeple" and follow the herd all the time :)

All joking aside, I just can't wait to get a new bike, I got a series starting Sept. 16th and I want to dial in the new machine and practice my butt off.

Hey, if it is all that and actually a world better than the CRF (I doubt) I will just get one next year. Besides, being the underdog always makes you a better rider :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 05, 2002 - 10:38 AM

therapture
just razzing ya what do you expect, everyone to supportyou defective butt :)

More power to ya, as long as you can ride and have fun, it dont matter what it is.

I saw a guy once at a marathone riding an xr750 dirt tracker. This guy was getting his butt kicked all over the track and was just getting thrashed. When he came in to get fueled he had the biggest grin on his face I have every seen (Well Maybe Not Motomans after he plucked down the coin for his 450) That grin was Texas Wide.

Well anyway I never got it why he was out there riding that 375lb V-Twin, until I say him Grin and start bench racing. Its all about fun.......

• mxaddict

Posted August 05, 2002 - 11:34 AM

Wow, you really changed your mind! Are you getting it this week? Where are you riding this weekend? Maybe we can hook up. Email me. Oh, and don't forget your gear! :)

• therapture

Posted August 05, 2002 - 11:43 AM

I really did change my mind :D That ride I took on yours made the decision. The 2003 is supposed to have more bottom end (to carry my big butt around) and I can always slap that FMF Ti system on there....I liked your motor alot when I rode it. And besides, i was always a red rider at heart, with occasional forays into the green side. This 2000 YZ was my first blue ever, and I may go back to a blue beast for 2004....if they release them on time :) :D

[ August 05, 2002: Message edited by: therapture ]

• LOOPOUT

Posted August 05, 2002 - 12:04 PM

not to mention the constant pressure & subliminal messages from me to get the honda haha

:D :D

now i just gotta watch out for a red bike landing on me instead of a blue one :) :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.