WR suspension query

4 replies to this topic
  • jerryls

Posted July 12, 2004 - 08:00 AM

Yesterday I rode a friend's '04 CR250 (two smoke) with stock suspension. I was very impressed with the suspension. I'm wondering if it's possible to get my WR's suspension to feel that good. Do I just get a revalve and respringing? Or is the WR just too heavy too feel that good? I've put a heavier spring in the rear, and adjusted my clickers to what I thought were pretty good settings, but after the CR ride I think my suspension sucks. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Jerry

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 12, 2004 - 09:01 AM

The WR450 will never feel as light and float like a CR250 on a whooped out track. The stock suspension is Ok but I recommend revalving both the front forks and the rear shock for a more plush ride for eastern trails. :thumbsup: That 50lbs the CR250 does not have makes a big difference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted July 12, 2004 - 02:25 PM

Thanks Indy. That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I need to make the rider about 50 lb lighter? :thumbsup:

• blireef

Posted July 12, 2004 - 06:42 PM

Thanks Indy. That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I need to make the rider about 50 lb lighter? :thumbsup:

You might save some money on groceries if you go that route, I should shave about 20 pounds off my total (rider and bike) weight also :devil: :awww:

• JVP

Posted July 13, 2004 - 08:39 AM

The same day I bought my bike I took it to the suspension shop and had heavier springs put in it and had it re-valved. I do this to every new bike I buy. Recently I rode a friend's WR with stock suspension. The differences were real subtle. I am not sure it was worth the $600.00 to have the work done. :devil: I think the stock suspension is catching up with the after market stuff. :thumbsup: Then again it could have been the 30 lbs I lost! Thank you Atkins. :awww:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.