450F's...first shipment in?

18 replies to this topic
  • Cobra314

Posted August 04, 2002 - 06:56 PM

I heard from my friend that is also the person that is selling me my bike that my 450 may be in. She wasn't at work friday, but will let me know for sure on Tuesday. I've heard that the first shipment would be in first week of Aug....I'm gonna go crazy until Tuesday!!!

• m2g4b

Posted August 05, 2002 - 03:13 AM

Hey Cobra, I know if your bike comes in this week that you are bringing it to 59th and Douglass this weekend so we all can droll over it for awhile, right???? LOL, Cant wait to see it man!!!!

• Cobra314

Posted August 05, 2002 - 12:28 PM

Yeah it will be there!!!!!

• oldblue

Posted August 06, 2002 - 05:14 PM

What's the latest? Have you heard any news?

• Cobra314

Posted August 06, 2002 - 05:40 PM

It wasn't in. They confirmed that they are at the warehouse though. Someone posted about them being at the dock in Seattle. We'll see next week I guess.

• Blueman

Posted August 11, 2002 - 01:50 PM

Went to my local dealership here in Sacramento, CA to check in on the status of my new YZ450 and found out I am number 6 on the list. The sales manager logged into the dealer only website of yamaha. He looked at the inventory tracker online and it would appear that the 450's are still on the slow boat. None in warehouse...no date given. As anyone heard with certainty that these things are near? The forecasted date for my bike was late Sept early Oct. With the Fall MX Series starting soon this date sucks...can anyone in NorCal/SoCal give me a lead to faster list?

Vert!

#251 Int.
01 YZ426

• MGR_8

Posted August 11, 2002 - 02:07 PM

Blueman...I am with you! I am NUMBER 1 at my dealer with a 3 grand deposit. I rode a buddies 03 CRF450 yesterday and for the most part liked it...power is great, suspension good(brand new, so it will settle a bit...Larry Dukes can make it perfect), but it is front end light and I got wicked scarey head shake!!! My Scott damper might help??? and 20mm triple clamps???

I am not sure I will wait for the YZF if delivery date is late Sept. early Oct. Anyone heard a FIRM date for East Coast dealers? Like Blueman, the mx season starts first of Sept. I might buy the Honda this week and buy the YZF when it comes in....ride both and keep the best one. It will cost me, but I will be able to pick the best bike...for me!

MGR8

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 11, 2002 - 02:29 PM

:) All my dealer could tell me last week is this.
1.They have "one" september alocation.
(1st of sep or 30th???)
2.They are not getting anymore 03's......ever!
3.WR's allocation is this
1 in dec
2 in feb
3 in mar
No exact date on the delivery.

Man this brochure is getting pretty worn out!!
these damn pages are starting to stick together!!! :D

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 15, 2002 - 08:19 PM

UPDATE????????
Cobra................................
HUH HUH HUH

Are we there yet.....
are we there yet???????
Are we there yet????
Are we there yet.....
are we there yet???????
Are we there yet????

Are we there yet.....
are we there yet???????
Are we there yet????

Are we there yet.....
are we there yet???????
Are we there yet????

Are we there yet.....
are we there yet???????
Are we there yet???
Are we there yet.....
are we there yet???????
Are we there yet????
?
Are we there yet.....
are we there yet???????
Are we there yet????

:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 16, 2002 - 01:37 AM

MRG8, I am hearing sept from my dealer, SYD. I also rode the 03CRF & agree with you, therefore I will keep riding my 426 til the 450 comes in.

• Gryphon

Posted August 16, 2002 - 02:41 AM

My dealer also has September delivery for the 450F

• IBWFO

Posted August 16, 2002 - 07:52 PM

I have a buddy in the biz.
Since my kids getting pretty serious about racing, I'm keeping my 01 and getting him an 03 Cr 125. Let me know if you guys want some info. I can usually tell the dealer when he is getting the bikes.

D

• Cobra314

Posted August 17, 2002 - 06:57 AM

I was talkin to a guy at the dealership here on Friday....He had talked to a buddy of his at Applied Racing and "supposodely" they have 2 of them in their shop that they just got. I would look for the first shipment to go out next week. I'm hoping mine will be on next Thursday's truck!!! We'll see......

• therapture

Posted August 17, 2002 - 07:55 AM

I heard from a pal of mine that has a friend that is dating a guy that used to work for a Yamaha dealer and knows another fella that has an inside line on his cousin that also works for Yamaha and knows Ferry, he said that they should be in any day! :)

• osheen

Posted August 17, 2002 - 09:20 PM

That guy she is dating is my cousin's ex-step son's neighbor. Well used to be neighbor, They moved to Egypt in '91, but that's besides the point.Anyway he concluded too that they should be here anyday as well..........

He also said that Yamaha is also already working on the '04 450 and that they are aware of all the complaints about it being a 4 speed and that they will make it a 3 speed to eliminate the complaints.

• mx317

Posted August 17, 2002 - 11:57 AM

You guys make me laugh, thats one reason I like this board.

• Vern#19

Posted August 17, 2002 - 04:00 PM

I have a freind who lives across the street from the Docs in seattle ( under the Viaduct) that he saw the YZ450s being unloaded from the ship!!
He also saw the new OE800 40ozr too.

• therapture

Posted August 17, 2002 - 04:04 PM

Originally posted by Vern#19:
I have a freind who lives across the street from the Docs in seattle ( under the Viaduct) that he saw the YZ450s being unloaded from the ship!!
He also saw the new OE800 40ozr too.

LOL..the OE800 40ozr...gotta love the classic stuff!

• osheen

Posted August 17, 2002 - 04:16 PM

Ya!, must be the same guy we were talking about...............He works at the pike street market now selling shower curtain rings for Del Griffith. Del Griffith is Larry Griffith's brother who works for Yamaha in the R&D department.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.