vehilcle id # verification

2 replies to this topic
  • starttman

Posted August 04, 2002 - 03:16 PM

I just bought a used 2000 yz 426 f. the bike was titled in PA originally.the title has no diplacement on it.I think the seller pulled a fast one on me and sold me something else.the bike has a stamp on the clylinder,below the header, that indicates 399 cc. not 426.it also has 2 abandoned plugs under the tank that may indicate lighting hookups.also the carb does not have a hot start button .it has some sort of diaphragm with three tubes connected to it.this is located where the hot start button should be.is it possible that I may have bought a wr 400f instead?the vin # on the bike is JYACJ01C1YA008208

Can Anyone read this vin # and identify what bike I have?

can anyone recommend a good aftermarket hot start button?

thanks---STARTTMAN

[ August 04, 2002: Message edited by: starttman ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted August 04, 2002 - 03:28 PM

You should be able to run a vin at the DMV, or you can take it to you local PD and they can run it if you think something is amiss.

If its stolen or ? You will be doing yoursefl a favor

• novajunkee

Posted August 04, 2002 - 04:37 PM

Good news the bikes not stolen. I just checked it. It also checks to a 2000 YZ according to the registration. I'll send you a PM.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.