9 replies to this topic
  • marion

Posted August 04, 2002 - 01:32 PM

Its Offical

Should be an exciting year.

http://www.motocross...news.asp?id=579

• skthom2320

Posted August 04, 2002 - 03:35 PM

This says that his laptimes were 2 seconds/lap faster. Wow. If that were true, I think he would actually challenge Ricky Comicle (as E.G.O. *** says).

• Hootna

Posted August 04, 2002 - 04:48 PM

Sounds like MC is already pushing the brand, kind of the same way RC said that he was a few seconds a lap quicker on his first test ride of the Factory Honda or possibly like Ezra Lusk being a few seconds a lap faster while testing the factory Kawi at his practice track.

You arent going to tell the world you switched brands because they paid you the most money it looks bad for the rider and the manufacturer.

I wish MC best of luck with his new ride and hope that he is quicker. We need someone to catch RC and give him a run for the MONEY!!!

• HondaMan

Posted August 04, 2002 - 04:54 PM

If Jeremy can't beat the top riders on a Yamaha, it probably isn't likely he will do it on a KTM!
Yamaha has put alot of money into their YZ and until this year it was on top. I think Jeremy
just went where the money was, as Yamaha I heard,
didn't up his pay. Just my .02 cents.

• yznvegas

Posted August 04, 2002 - 05:04 PM

Whatever he rides he will still not be competitive in the top 3 all supercross season. I like the guy and I think he is a great rider but sometimes it is just time for people to retire with some damn dignity. Just look at Jordan, he should have stopped while he was ahead.

I mean he doesn't need any $$ for hecks sake.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marion

Posted August 04, 2002 - 05:43 PM

Jeremy dosen't need the $, he is still in it to prove to himself and everyone else that he still has what it takes. I'll spend some cash and bet he'll be in the top two next SX season.
All the manufacturers still offer him a ride and wanted him as a RIDER.

There's talk that he's gonna show up at one of the last Nationals on the Pumpkin.

PS he's great for the sport. Just as much as RC & Bubba.

• Dansgarage

Posted August 04, 2002 - 07:54 PM

I agree, it doesn't matter what me rides. He is good for the sport. And I don't think that he needs to be on top. Ya that would be great for him and all of his fans, but I surely don't think he needs to retire! Why would he? Just because he isn't the Champ anymore? Thats crap! You say he needs to retire to save face and go out with some dignity, I say I hope we see Super Mac till he is old and grey! :) I would never retire from doing something that I love like riding. As long a Jeremy enjoys riding who cares where he finishes! I sure don't I just enjoy seing my childhood idol out there doing his thing. ride on man!

[ August 04, 2002: Message edited by: Dansgarage ]

• RCannon

Posted August 05, 2002 - 02:11 AM

This is going to be fun....

Mcgrath....Hi, I need a piston and ring for a 2003 250, SX.

Dealer, oh, sorry. The parts are on factory backorder. They are 2 to 3 weeks out.

Mcgrath...No, you dont understand. I am getting ready to ride the supercross this weekend. I am a factory......

Dealer....I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN IF YOUR ROGER DECOSTER. YOUR PARTS ARE NOT IN!!!!!!

Seriously, KTN could have stocked some parts. If not locally, then Nationally. Think I am joking? Order anything from them. See how soon it arrives.

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 05, 2002 - 03:00 AM

I predicted this same thing two years ride two years R&D I am a geniuos, its so hard to be humble when you right all the time......

Ego Quote
Figure that Mcgrath is in his twilite years of his carrer, he is most likely signed to ride as R&D (Research and Developement) two years is about right to get a bike at the level for a say Carmicheal ??????.

http://www.thumperta...ic&f=6&t=006927

:)

[ August 05, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• z4me

Posted August 05, 2002 - 03:25 AM

Originally posted by RCannon:
This is going to be fun....

Mcgrath....Hi, I need a piston and ring for a 2003 250, SX.

Dealer, oh, sorry. The parts are on factory backorder. They are 2 to 3 weeks out.

Mcgrath...No, you dont understand. I am getting ready to ride the supercross this weekend. I am a factory......

Dealer....I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN IF YOUR ROGER DECOSTER. YOUR PARTS ARE NOT IN!!!!!!

Seriously, KTN could have stocked some parts. If not locally, then Nationally. Think I am joking? Order anything from them. See how soon it arrives.

Actually, they just built a warehouse in the states to combat this kind of problem. Believe it or not, it is hard to start up a business in an already saturated market. It takes a serious plan, one that involves "just in time" deliveries of parts from your sub-contractors in order not to have all your capitol caught up in your warehouse. KTM has stuck it out, they have endured years of parts availability problems, and now their day is coming. Soon it will be obvoius that the "big three" doesn't include green or yellow.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.