triple clamps

8 replies to this topic
  • sqwidget

Posted July 12, 2004 - 05:09 AM

Is there anywhere that sells either top or bottom triple clamps for a 03 WR450?

• wildo

Posted July 12, 2004 - 08:06 AM

you can use pro tapers for a yz. the only isue is the head light brakets. since the stock clamp bolt to the side and the bolts on the pro tapers face the front you will have to modifie your brakets. I bent mine into a L shape and elongated the holes to work with the three bolts on the new clamps. then re aimed the head light. I eventaly used a bugee cord to hold it on sice the bolts were so hard to get too. pro taper make 7/8 bar clamps so you don,t have to buy the bars.

• lightstorm

Posted July 12, 2004 - 11:22 AM

TAG T2 Top clamp works well!
Just enlarge one of the headlight mount holes on each side and your done.

• sqwidget

Posted July 12, 2004 - 11:47 AM

TAG T2 Top clamp works well!
Just enlarge one of the headlight mount holes on each side and your done.

if you do this will you have to retap the holes or arent those threaded?

also what do i order the clamps from to put on? will i have to do anyother mods to make all the things work?

i also found brp top triple clamps. how are these clamps?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted July 12, 2004 - 01:53 PM

The Scotts upper was a bolt-on to my 03WR, and everything went back on without mods....

• lightstorm

Posted July 12, 2004 - 01:54 PM

The hole to enlarge is on the metal braket that goes between the headlight Assy, and the top clamp.
The bolt spacing is slightly different in the TAG clamp.

• mtrablue

Posted July 12, 2004 - 01:55 PM

b.r.p. makes quality stuff. all your lights and odo will bolt right on. make sure you tell them it's for a wr. you have alot of choices with the b.r.p. clamp. rubber mount, taller clamp, bar diameter........

• sqwidget

Posted July 12, 2004 - 03:19 PM

how much for a brp clamp?

• mtrablue

Posted July 12, 2004 - 05:21 PM

kind of depends on the options you get. i went with the rubber mounted bars and the one piece top clamp that allows a trail computer or steering damper to be mounted. with shipping it was $221.03. go to the web site and look around. brpit.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.