overheating?

2 replies to this topic
  • dforbes67

Posted July 12, 2004 - 03:45 AM

I just bought a yz 426 2001 with a 450 cam mod , second weekend riding 100 degree weather ,I noticed antifreeze smell, looked down and had small amount coming out the overflow and some oil had been coming out the valve cover overflow. Took it home checked the plug looked black slight powdery on the tip and kinda white on the electrode. Is this normal coloring on the plug and is it normal to leak some oil and water if its this hot outside or is it poss off time with the cam mod and running hot

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TampaBoy813

Posted July 12, 2004 - 07:05 AM

I just bought a yz 426 2001 with a 450 cam mod , second weekend riding 100 degree weather ,I noticed antifreeze smell, looked down and had small amount coming out the overflow and some oil had been coming out the valve cover overflow. Took it home checked the plug looked black slight powdery on the tip and kinda white on the electrode. Is this normal coloring on the plug and is it normal to leak some oil and water if its this hot outside or is it poss off time with the cam mod and running hot

Not jacking your Post...but that have a Cam Mod for the 426?....PS: I have a 01 426 in a 400ex frame and I was having over heating here in FL,...so I got the hiflo water pump,inline water coolers, RedLine water wetter....but I have having the same thing on my bike...just the coolent part... :thumbsup:

• yathump

Posted July 12, 2004 - 08:39 AM

If you are running at slow speeds and not getting alot of airflow through the radiators these bikes will overheat very quickly especially in those temps a little bit of oil is normal blowing out of the valve cover. If the plugs is sooty black then shes running rich, i belive you want a nice tan color.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.