Another backfire, popping question

2 replies to this topic
  • silveradoss

Posted July 11, 2004 - 04:29 PM

Halfway through a ride last week my bike would backfire, and pop on deceleration. It is weird because it ran fine the first half of the day. I am thinking it is the fmf factory 4 silencer ( air might be leaking where the midpipe meets the header)but I have had the silencer on for about 3 months now and I think the sealant( silicone )might have burnt off where the pipe meets the silencer. I just cleaned the carb, adjusted the air screw and tightened the air boot where it meets the carb, other than that I dont know what else to look for. Could the valves need adjusted? :thumbsup: I forgot to mention it was about 85 degrees and humid so I dont know how it would have gotten lean??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racerxj17

Posted July 11, 2004 - 04:49 PM

check and make sure that all your exhaust connections are air tight, generally you are right; back firing on decelleration is caused from leaky exhaust, dont be alarmed. :thumbsup:

• Fastest1

Posted July 11, 2004 - 07:14 PM

Did you try adjusting the fuel screw during the day? Did it help or did it still pop?

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.