Ohlins Steering Dampner or Scotts???

7 replies to this topic
  • guidster

Posted August 02, 2002 - 05:10 PM

I was just on Ohlins web site and there is a Ohlins version of the Scotts steering dampner--identical! So the question I have is who really makes it???

• guidster

Posted August 02, 2002 - 05:16 PM

It would appear that Scotts sells the Ohlins dampner--no wonder the little gems are so $$$$!

• Fryboy

Posted August 02, 2002 - 06:58 PM

Ohhh but they are definately worth the money.

I love my Scotts/Ohlins damper.

• yamaha.dude

Posted August 03, 2002 - 11:19 AM

I understood that Scott's helped to design it, but Ohlins makes them... Same colour and all, just a different name on them...

I could only get the Ohlin$ version here in Australia, but the Scotts Triple clamp. bolt on tower etc all fit - they are identical, even the spare parts are interchangeable..

But THEY are worth the money...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodger

Posted August 05, 2002 - 09:23 PM

They are the same company..........

Dodger :) :D

• yamaha.dude

Posted August 05, 2002 - 11:23 AM

I don't think Scotts and Ohlins are the same company... but the Steering Dampener product is identical except for the name on it...

• Hick

Posted August 05, 2002 - 11:52 AM

I have an older version of the Scott's and it doesn't even have their name/logo etched on the piece. Just a sticker.

The way I look at it is Scott's is the exclusive US dist. of Ohlin's dampers and they rebrand them as Scott's.

• Fastest1

Posted August 05, 2002 - 12:41 PM

Hick I really think scotts created it and sold the rights to Ohlins. They are the US distributor. I have had one for years(took it off of my roadracing bike) only thing I could use on my 426. I am not sure, about who the real manufacturer is but Scotts was 1st by years. :)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.