No oil stick on oil plug ???

2 replies to this topic
  • mrmuzic

Posted July 11, 2004 - 11:06 AM

I haven't had my YZ450 very long and have really only ridden it twice for a total of about 3 hours. While cleaning down the bike I decided to check the oil level. When I removed the oil plug (top) I was surpised to see that there was no oil stick attached to it? Was this done by the previous owner? Did it fall off into the engine? Is there anything else I can use in the interim to check my engine ol level? Does anyone know the length of the oil dipstick and at what length is the safe mark? Perhap I can use a makeshift stick till I order one from the dealer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRFThumper

Posted July 11, 2004 - 01:03 PM

If you are looking for a dip stick on the oil fill theres not one!!You ck the oil up on the frame left side in frount of the tank.the plug on the left side of the moter is where you add oil :thumbsup:

• ovrrdrive

Posted July 11, 2004 - 02:38 PM

I was going to say the same thing!

Embarrassingly enough, it actually took me 15 minutes with the manual in hand to actually find the dipstick. :thumbsup:

It's not on the engine at all, it's on the side of the frame almost all the way up to the tripple clamp. And it's a teeny tiny little knob.

Look again. :devil:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.