Ironman Sprockets

4 replies to this topic
  • big t

Posted July 11, 2004 - 10:41 AM

Bought an Ironman front 13T sprocket a while back. Went riding yesterday and notice a lot of side to side motion in the sprocket. The retainer that came with the sprocket and the sprocket splines all line up exactly. The only thing keeping it from coming off was the chain hitting the frame. I didn't hurt the frame but I can tell where it was rubbing some. I have been riding with the sprocket like that for awhile. I checked it against the stock sprocket and if you align the retainer holes the splines on the sprockets are offset like the retainer should be. Has anybody else ever seen this with any sprockets before? I guess the holes in the sprocket were drilled in the wrong place. The stock retainer lines perfectly also. I'm going to get with Ironman and see if they have ever come across this.

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted July 11, 2004 - 04:36 PM

I have an Ironman 14 and 15. No problems with them - the retainer plate is offset just like the stock set up???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big t

Posted July 12, 2004 - 04:59 AM

Just got off the phone with Dirt Tricks. They got a batch that were made wrong. Instead of throwing the sprockets away they just made new retainer clips. They are sending me the new retainer. :thumbsup:

• BWB63

Posted July 12, 2004 - 08:53 AM

Sorry to hear they got out to the public. Stuff like that can hurt someone......they sure are going out on a limb. They sould have been recalled or something, any time an after market part for bikes that could be raced they should be checked to be sure of there safty.

• big t

Posted July 12, 2004 - 08:46 PM

The guy at Dirt Tricks said the sprockets were recalled. I don't know why I never heard anything. I do remember when I got the sprocket that the package said to use the retainer that came with the sprocket. I did but I guess it never got changed out with the special retainer. At least it didn't hurt me or anything on the bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.