Sunday project-Stripped out and over tightened stator bolts

2 replies to this topic
  • r_dawg1021

Posted July 11, 2004 - 09:19 AM

I'd like to start off by saying the factory does not torque things to spec.. Due to this I have one stripped out stator bolt and one that came out with no problems. The upper one with the blue mark(assume that means it was QC'd) will not come out. I've used all the "right" tools and had to resort to an impact driver to get it out. I have no idea what to do next, tap and dye kit? Trash the case cover and rotor and chaulk it up as a loss(Hope not).

Any one have the same experience or some constructive advice? Thanks.

All this so I can send it back to Baja to float the ground. This better be worth it is all I have to say.. :thumbsup: :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • r_dawg1021

Posted July 11, 2004 - 10:42 AM

After searching I found someone that had used a Dremal to convert the bolt back into something remove-able. After 10 minutes of Dremaling I was able to get something to grip onto. This site rocks and has saved my a$$ once again. :thumbsup:

• Guest_dsornot2ds_*

Posted July 11, 2004 - 12:38 PM

My dremmel saved me more than once! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.