sorry...2smoke question but you guys are EXPERTS

23 replies to this topic
  • kathy127

Posted August 04, 2002 - 06:35 AM

Get the KX 100 without question. It is fast. It is LIGHT. It is excellent for learning the gears and is a bike she can move around without the bike moving her around. And I won 2 National races on it. If she doesn't weight more than 130 and isn't taller than 5'-6", the KX is BY FAR the best choice. This is experience speaking.

• westladog

Posted August 04, 2002 - 10:41 AM

KX100 it is then. :)

[ August 05, 2002: Message edited by: westladog ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted August 05, 2002 - 08:15 AM

If you get her the KX100 will you be able to keep up with her?

• beachthumper

Posted August 05, 2002 - 08:26 AM

I was at a Yamaha Dealer in the Atlanta area a couple of weeks ago looking at a YZ85 for my son. The salesman, who seemed pretty knowledgable about offroad bikes, mentioned Yamaha was going to be coming out with a 4-stroke 150 later this year. It is designed to be a competitive 4-stroker in the 85cc class.

It is supposed to be a hybrid like a spunkier version of the TTR engine with the YZ suspension.

Sounded interesting anyway. My son opted for the YZ 85 and it is a screamer.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.