YZ450F Parts

8 replies to this topic
  • Hack-Man162

Posted August 02, 2002 - 10:24 AM

Okay! I'm about to sell my '02 YZ250 2-smoke and get a 450F soon. Does anyone know if the top triple clamp and air filters are the same? Just want to save a few bucks after buying my new scoot. I know they're the same as the 426.

Posted August 02, 2002 - 10:33 AM

I'm making the exact same move as you, and I'm about 95% sure that both will fit on the 450F. I called Twin air and they say the filter is the same. I have used the same Applied Top Clamp w/10mm higher clamps on my '98, '00, '01 & '02 250 & It looks like it will work on the 450F.

• yznvegas

Posted August 02, 2002 - 11:04 AM

Check with the parts counter and have them cross reference the part for you, that's the best way to find out the answer to your question.

• freestyle111

Posted August 02, 2002 - 01:38 PM

yznvegas Check with the parts counter and have them cross reference the part for you, that's the best way to find out the answer to your question. what planet is your dealer located on?i would like to go there.it seems i always get the moron working parts counter.i was at yamaha a couple days ago and the couldnt even give me the right skarkplug for my bike.i got home went to put extra plugs in my toolbox when i noticed they sold me 2stroke plugs luckily they will work for my kx250.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted August 02, 2002 - 02:43 PM

My dealership doesnt have the partsfiche for the new 450 yet. I do know the footpegs are the same as the 426.

• mx317

Posted August 03, 2002 - 03:35 PM

I worked at a Yamaha shop this summer while school was out (I'm a teacher). I called Yamaha on 8/1 to find out the new oil filter number for the 450 and the warehouse did not have the part number yet. Soon he told me. I just wanted to make sure we had filters when the bikes arrived as I like to change my oil very soon the first time. I understand it will be a paper element this year. It may be something we already have that fits another model or something new all together. If anyone knows please fill me in. Thanks, Mike

• jmx631

Posted August 04, 2002 - 02:22 AM

if you guys go to www.yamahaoftroy.com. They have the partsfiche online. I don'tknow if it has been updated with the 03' info yet. I called around about the 250F and I was told that the triple clamp is the same.

• gonzo

Posted August 06, 2002 - 02:53 AM

Actually I would call YoT first. they dont even have 02 parts listed on their site.

• Scott_F

Posted August 06, 2002 - 10:32 AM

Hack, where you at buoy?

Welcome back to the thump side.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.