Black Plastic

4 replies to this topic
  • husky123

Posted July 10, 2004 - 02:22 PM

Does anyone know where I can get some black plastic for the 650R? Specifically side panels and a rear fender. Thanks.

• BWB63

Posted July 10, 2004 - 04:12 PM

The Rear black fender and side panels you are seeing on other bikes are done with Krylon Fusion Paint. The Front is a black XR400R fender.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • husky123

Posted July 11, 2004 - 03:14 AM

Wow! I didn't realize that Krylon stuff worked that well. Thanks BWB.

• BWB63

Posted July 11, 2004 - 05:49 AM

The nice thing is if you dump it and scrarch it you can fix it. I have had some problems repainting.....if you repaint to heavy it krinkles. Lot's of light coats. Takes seven day to cure. Drys in fifteen minutes. It's good stuff but, not bullet proof.
Posted Image

Posted Image :thumbsup:

I have a CR250R fender on here but, it pushes the fork boots. The XR400 fender fits better but, is not as cool looking. I have changed it allot sence the older pictures. I took the white sticker off the number plate part of the headlight. I would like to paint the side panels black also, like sm650r did but, I have to many stickers there and they make the bike go faster :devil:

• big t

Posted July 11, 2004 - 10:43 AM

I like the black plastic also. You would think someone would make black for the 650r. I might try the paint down the road.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.