adjusting of the valves

4 replies to this topic
  • yzf_virgin

Posted August 01, 2002 - 02:15 PM

I just paid $158 to have it done. Does that sound right? Didn't to me. Is this something that a neophyte (is that the right word?) could do? I can change a clutch.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 01, 2002 - 02:32 PM

Take your time, buy a manual, you can do it. You'll need and accurate caliper or mic. Other than that, Knock yourself out. But since you just had it done, you probably wont need to mess with it for a year or so, dont go spending any money on tools for a while.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Polar_Bear

Posted August 03, 2002 - 12:42 PM

well, I would have done it for $100 bucks. If anyone else who lives in the salt lake area wants it done give me a call. I am a mechanic at the dealership and do private work

Jared aka. "polar bear"

• skthom2320

Posted August 03, 2002 - 01:18 PM

It is something that anyone can do that has an inch-lb torque wrench and feeler guages that cover 0.10 mm - 0.25 mm. If you can do a clutch you can adjust your valve clearance. Just follow the manual and do a search on TT for tips.

• Slymax

Posted August 05, 2002 - 08:44 AM

I own the dealership in Utah and have one less mechanic on Monday LOL

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.