Rethreading cylinder thanks to plug

2 replies to this topic
  • gonzo

Posted July 09, 2004 - 11:11 AM

So I ordered this decomp plug for my 04 250F. I go to pull the screw out and oil starts running out so I put the screwed back in to go look at the instructions. Well I come back in and notice the big red letters that say Don't Torque Past 5lbs. Oops too late. So now this bolt is stripped. What to do? Can I get it rethreaded? Can I just JB the SOB what can I do?

Also I have 2 decomp plugs for 20 bucks each brand new. Who wants em?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tdd6405

Posted July 09, 2004 - 12:36 PM

i did the same thing as you on one of my old motors. i used a helicoil and it worked fine.

• gonzo

Posted July 09, 2004 - 12:40 PM

Is that hard to do? I was just thinking of having it ported by Eric Gorr and have him fix it at the same time but I dont want to send it off right now if I dont have to.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.