2003 YZ450 for 6300 OTD

30 replies to this topic
  • mxaddict

Posted August 04, 2002 - 11:50 AM

freestyle111, I said 'go out of business or changes', you just restated my point. We're saying the same thing. But if others are willing to pay top dollar there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it, so my point was either pony up or wait, complaining won't help. Now, about that room addition, I just found a dime too... :)

Steve, glad we're on the same page now. Are you in Houston or Cali? If you are down here some time email me(mxaddict@ev1.net) and a bunch of us TT'ers will hook up to ride, a few of us do almost every week.

• jsmith811

Posted August 04, 2002 - 02:43 PM

Some of the dealer pricing reminds me of the motel rate sign I saw on Vaction along the interstate near Daytona Beach, it said all rooms 39.95, excluding special events---- In other words ---when demand is high like during a nascar race, they will raise the price of the room. Almost insulting in my opinion.

• skthom2320

Posted August 04, 2002 - 03:07 PM

mxaddict - I ride almost every weekend at Splendora (bike #53). Until this weekend when my bike decided it had had enough of me and quit pumping oil. :)

It will be about three weeks until I am roosting again. I will send an email.

Regards,

Steve T

[ August 04, 2002: Message edited by: skthom2320 ]

• motoman393

Posted August 04, 2002 - 03:29 PM

Steve,

Where you out at Splendora last Sunday? I was there all day and I think I saw a #53 there.

I read the thread about your bike...I hate to hear that. Let me know if I can help out with anything! Later,

Garrett

• skthom2320

Posted August 04, 2002 - 03:45 PM

Where you out at Splendora last Sunday? I was there all day and I think I saw a #53 there.

Yes I was. I rode from 9AM until about 2PM. You may have roosted me one or two times! It was the best day of riding I have had for a long time. I was riding mostly with a guy on a 250F. I forget his number.

As for the bike, I still haven't decided what I am going to do. I may pick it up and do the work myself now that I have a little more insight from the TT brothers.

I have also started looking into getting a new '01 or '02 bike for a good deal. If I can pick up a new one for less than $4800 (so I can use my suspension and yamaha credit card) I might just part out the other one. We'll see.

Steve T

[ August 04, 2002: Message edited by: skthom2320 ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • starttman

Posted August 04, 2002 - 04:12 PM

Dealers make money on service and accessories ..period.they take no loss.if they only make 250.00 on the sale they will get another 500 or more for a pipe, tires, bars, ect...

dealers are no dummies.my father worked as a salesman back in the day,for terry's kawasaki in easton md. i got all that inside scoop.....

starttman out

• starttman

Posted August 04, 2002 - 04:18 PM

oh yea, another 2 cents.when you see an ad about a car dealer selling below invoice, it's true usually.some car dealers make thier profits on service and the one magic word--- WARRANTIES!!!

• Wyatt

Posted August 04, 2002 - 04:37 PM

The magic word is "holdback" as far as new car sales are concerned.

• freestyle111

Posted August 04, 2002 - 04:39 PM

mxaddict i was texas for nascar last year.i had a good time.everyone sure is tall out there.i went to a shopping mall on sunday[in dallas]everyone there was all dressed up like it was black tie affair.if that how texans always dress when they go shopping?i would love to do some remodelling on your home.i just hope when you say "I found a nickel""dime" you mean nickel is$500 and dime means $1000.if thats the case as soon as you find about twenty more dimes let me know.i will only charge you the "fair" market rate in calif.so you need to keep saving $1500 will only get you a 12 hours labor.[10 hours if you dont include coffee and lunch]

• mxaddict

Posted August 04, 2002 - 05:51 PM

Originally posted by freestyle111:
mxaddict i was texas for nascar last year.i had a good time.everyone sure is tall out there.i went to a shopping mall on sunday[in dallas]everyone there was all dressed up like it was black tie affair.if that how texans always dress when they go shopping?i would love to do some remodelling on your home.i just hope when you say "I found a nickel""dime" you mean nickel is$500 and dime means $1000.if thats the case as soon as you find about twenty more dimes let me know.i will only charge you the "fair" market rate in calif.so you need to keep saving $1500 will only get you a 12 hours labor.[10 hours if you dont include coffee and lunch]

lol! No joke, my grandfather retired as a carpenter in Oakland California, as member of a union if I remember right. And actually I run a construction company here, and my guys rates are MUCH cheaper! Here a cool million will get you more than a shack.

Don't know about the suits, that's not normal, but tall is I guess...I'm 6'8" and my brother's 6'6". They've started on the new Nascar track here in Houston...I'm not a big fan, but I'll go check it out when it's here. What we NEED here is a national, and we've got plenty of top caliber tracks. Word is maybe sooner than later, but that's another story...

[ August 04, 2002: Message edited by: mxaddict ]

• freestyle111

Posted August 04, 2002 - 11:20 PM

im right across bay from oakland.i was in local 22.i got my general contractors license about 4 years ago so my union days are over.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.