Where can I get a magnetic drain plug and a good oil filter?

3 replies to this topic
  • Desert_Storm

Posted July 09, 2004 - 09:24 AM

Hey,
My bike is due for it's first oil change and I want to get only the best stuff for it. It's a 2004 WR450F. Where can I get a magnetic drain plug, good oil filter (which is better, paper or the reusable metal kind and from who?) and what oil do you use? I'm thinking of using synthetic. Are K&N oil filters pretty good? Are they reusable? I like the thought of a reusable oil filter just because I don't have to make a trip to the dealer and buy one all the time but it just seems like they should be tossed out after a few uses? I dunno, maybe it's just me. :thumbsup:
Thanks everyone for their input! :devil:

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 09, 2004 - 10:19 AM

Zip Ty racing has the best magnetic drain plug and Scotts has a very good Re usable oil filter. I think k&n makes a filter for our bikes but most of us use the foam type.
Hope this helps you some.
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xteamrider

Posted July 09, 2004 - 11:50 AM

I use NoToil oil filters with all the NoToil cleaners and what not. In fact I gotta go home and clean mine tonight before tommorow's ride. Check it:
http://www.notoil.com

• mtrablue

Posted July 09, 2004 - 06:15 PM

the man asked about oil filters. spend the money, buy the k&n oil filters. get a couple at a time. cheap insurance. scotts sells a reusable mesh filter that should last the life of your bike. your going to get a lot of opinions on oil. you might want to do a search. which ever brand you choose, change it often. your bike will love you for it. you can get a magnetic drain plug from your yamaha dealer through the gytr catalog.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.