7000FT jetting ?

2 replies to this topic
  • mat

Posted July 31, 2002 - 08:25 PM

ill be doing a dez race this weekend and was wondering if anyone rides around 7000 ft and what to jet for it, im currently running stock jetting/needle for a 99 yz400, thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yznvegas

Posted August 01, 2002 - 05:09 AM

Where you gonna be riding at??

The closest I have ridden to that altitude is up at Cold Creek (southern Nevada) and it's about 5,000 feet up there.

I tried it stock and although I did stall a few times after a long wot run when I came to a stop, the bike ran fine.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 01, 2002 - 02:07 PM

Where in the heck are you gonna ride at 7000 feet? Mammoth is 11 at the peak.

Id go get some nitro propane and not rejet. Not only do you not have to rejet, your bike will pull like it does as sea level.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.