BK Carb Mod - Question on pump timing

5 replies to this topic
  • paparick33

Posted July 09, 2004 - 03:49 AM

I did the BK carb mod on my bike last night, but i'm having problems figuring out which way to turn the screw to get the spray to "just miss" the slide.....anyone who can give me some help, please reply. :thumbsup:

• Hamish

Posted July 09, 2004 - 12:27 PM

the BK mod screw that you installed controls the duration of the pump. No matter what you do with this screw, the start of the spray will stay the same. The other screw (the original one) controls the timing. Can't recall which way it goes, but looking at the pic I'd say clockwise will bring the spray closer to the slide. Remove the carby and set it up on the bench :thumbsup:

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 10, 2004 - 07:30 AM

Here is a write up I did on the Mod and setting it up.

GBmod Explained

A dialog will appear you can choose to save it to disk or Open.

If you open it may take a few seconds to download the Photo's as well

Hope it helps

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • paparick33

Posted July 13, 2004 - 06:50 AM

Well, thanks for the info :thumbsup:..I went riding on sunday, and the bike was insane!!! It has soooo much torgue, that it was dancing under me..it's gonna take me several rides to get used to the bike again.

• Greg_C

Posted July 13, 2004 - 07:23 AM

Is the BK Mod necessary on the 03/04 WR's?

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 13, 2004 - 07:32 AM

That I am not sure honestly
Can the 03 04 benifit form the mod?
Again I am not sure
I would think yes, the mod if done and adjusted correctly would bennift the bottom end repsonse...

paparick your welcome
But honestly
You can Thank Garret Motoman393 Berg :thumbsup: :devil:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.