Rear wheel spacer? Brain check!

4 replies to this topic
  • Superbike

Posted July 31, 2002 - 05:21 PM

Alright, what gives? Is this just me? I had my bike apart to replace 4th gear. While it was down I had it powder coated. I was putting the rear wheel on (new bearings) and it seems like there is a spacer missing? There is about a 3/4 inch gap on the swingarm from the spacers. Is that much spring normal or am I missing somthing? It seems odd to me for some reason. I need a second opinion. I think I just never noticed this before. Thanks, ---Mike

• Fly-nBri

Posted August 01, 2002 - 05:29 AM

Chain gauges on? They're only maybe 1/4 inch thick tho.

And are the bearings seated properly?

Brake assy. takes up some room on the axle too. I forgot to put that on once. :)

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: Fly-nBri ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Superbike

Posted August 01, 2002 - 01:07 PM

Holly cow! I got up yhis morning and realized that I forgot the caliper! It is amazing what a 14 hour day can do to ones mind. How embarrising :) --Mike

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 02, 2002 - 08:31 AM

LOL ya didnt notice it laying on the floor there huh? STARBUCKS

How did the frame turn out?

• Fly-nBri

Posted August 02, 2002 - 10:58 AM

Ha! Another besides me!
I noticed a huge difference with that thing off.

I noticed it shortly tho and then cussed a bit cuz all was put back together. I hate re-do's. But I'm doin it alot since I had the extended vacation away from moto x.
Glad to be back tho! And still learnin!

Your right Shawn....the solution in caffeine!!!!

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.