refinishing cylinder ... anyone know where?

5 replies to this topic
  • zdylanh

Posted July 31, 2002 - 02:14 PM

I need to get my cylinder re finished, or should I say re coated with nicosil. Does anyone do this, or know of a good place that will bore it and coat it for a somewhat reasonable price??

• newto2wheels

Posted July 31, 2002 - 02:18 PM

check the ads in the back of the mx magazines, pretty sure there are a few reputable places that advertise there.

• moto2000

Posted July 31, 2002 - 02:21 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • osheen

Posted July 31, 2002 - 03:49 PM

There was a huge discussion on this on DRN about a year ago. I have used Millenium Technologies twice and couldn't be happier. Both times they got it done BEFORE the date they promised.
The finished product was far better than any factory job I've ever seen.

On the DRN discussion I seem to recall that USchrome and Millenium both did great work but Millenium was more consistent with a shorter turn around time. I remember that Boyesen porting stated that they had used Millenium about 75 times in one year with no problems.

Call them both and decide for yourself.........

• newmann

Posted July 31, 2002 - 05:16 PM

Millenium has done two for me and one for a friend. All were absolutely perfect. I highly recommend them and after the quality , price, and time frame that I got, well lets just say that they really BLEW IT for all the other companies that do this process. Not to say other companies aren't just as good at what they do, but when I find someone this good, I'll stick with them.

• Superbike

Posted July 31, 2002 - 05:28 PM

Go through Eric Gore. You will want to go big bore (444) or get a new cylinder. It will go through US chrome. The big bore is great and has had no reliability issues after a year of use. The power is monster and easier to rideand start. They ported the head too. 13.5:1 and runs better on pump gas than stock. It was around $400 for the whole package I think? I may be wrong ----Mike

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.