motorcycle trivia

[quote

2) What was the last 4-stroke bike to win a pre-modern World MX Championship? (Also; rider & year)

I believe it as a CCM in 1976, or so. Donelson Cycle has a museum that has one that claims to be the item. Can't remember the riders name on the sign though.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOH this is Apriliacati on my daughters screen name.

You got it Chris, Little Fauss and Big Halsey.

Steve Mcqueen was into Triumphs.

In the movie The Great Escape who did the stunt for Steve Mcqueen when he jumps over the barbed wire fence???

2001 Aprilia Mille R

2001 Ducati 996s

2003 Suzuki GSXR1000

2001 Yamaha WR250

2001 Kawasaki KDX220

1974 Suzuki TM400

2001 Yamaha TTR125l, daughters bike

2001 Yamaha Beartracker Quad

[quote

2) What was the last 4-stroke bike to win a pre-modern World MX Championship? (Also; rider & year)

I believe it as a CCM in 1976, or so. Donelson Cycle has a museum that has one that claims to be the item. Can't remember the riders name on the sign though.

Nope. It was '64 World Champ Jeff Smith repeating '65 on a BSA.

I believe the CCM you're speaking of was the last pre-modern thumper to win an overall race in the World Championship series. I think it was Gaston Rahier (BEL) in '76.

Last one before bed (it's about 2.15am here now...). How many garbage bins did Fonzie jump in Arnolds parking lot? Extra points for remembering what hand gesture he made before take-off. ? Also, what did he crash into after the landing?

Great thread by the way !!! You guys know your stuff :devil:

I don't remember how many garbage cans but Fonzie crashed into Arnolds chicken stand.

Fryboy

Okay, let me see if I can come up with a couple of ?'s

1. In the movie Bad News Bears what kind of bike did Kelly ride? (think that was his name - the home run hitter)

2. In the movie Purple Rain, Prince is with the hottie by the lake. When he finally let's her on the bike and he takes off, can you spot a movie blunder?

3. In Rambo First Blood what kind of bike did he use to escape to the mountains? Yes, this 4 stroker sounded like a 2 smoke too.

4. What tire company made bikes?

Ok, some of these I had to reach for but I am participating ?

Fryboy

[quote

Nope. It was '64 World Champ Jeff Smith repeating '65 on a BSA.

I believe the CCM you're speaking of was the last pre-modern thumper to win an overall race in the World Championship series. I think it was Gaston Rahier (BEL) in '76.

Now that you say it, that does sound more like it. Last overall win.

Gosh I been busy giving the oldest grandbaby rideing lessons, come back to this junk and it had went crazy What do you expect. Name that famous motocross track in houston where the likes of Bob Hannah , David Bailey and other clashed??? ?

In the movie The Great Escape who did the stunt for Steve Mcqueen when he jumps over the barbed wire fence???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve Mcqueen did his own motorcycle stunts

I believe it was famed Desert Racer Bud Ekins that did the actual jump over the fence.

Thats right Bud Ekins.

Next Question: What famous TT member went to High School with the guy in the center of the picture?

I have no idea.

In 1969 there was a popular TV series, where a guy quits his job as a reporter and decides to see the country with his motorcycle. In the opening scene the guy is waiting at a light and a motorist says to him, Man I wish I was you, rider responds by saying hang in There. What was the name of the show????

2001 Aprilia Mille R

2001 Ducati 996s

2003 Suzuki GSXR1000

2001 Yamaha WR250

2001 Kawasaki KDX220

1974 Suzuki TM400

2001 Yamaha TTR125l, daughters bike

2001 Yamaha Beartracker Quad

Burned, how did you know? It was on Speed about 2 weeks ago. I laughed pretty hard watching Hells Angels on Huskys ripping through the desert. ? [/quote)

i have a whole collection of crappy old motorcycle movies.i hadnt really looked at thme in years till i saw HA69 on the speed channel again.

heres a question.....what was the dirt bike the girl rides in the movie?its a hodaka but whats special about it?

Can't remember the Hodaka, but who was the HA member who crashed into some shrubs/bushes while wheelstanding his chopper? He was a well known member of the Oakland chapter at the time

The Hells Angels was 'Terry the Tramp'. I've read that it was no stunt, he actually was wasted and crashed. :devil:

Last one before bed (it's about 2.15am here now...). How many garbage bins did Fonzie jump in Arnolds parking lot? Extra points for remembering what hand gesture he made before take-off. :devil: Also, what did he crash into after the landing?

Yep, it was the chicken stand he crashed into. ? It was also 14 garbage bins. I know because it took me months to equal that amount (using smaller bins from all around our schoolyard) on my BMX. :awww:?:D