motorcycle trivia

376 replies to this topic
  • RoosterJ

Posted August 04, 2004 - 04:54 PM

No body whats to play but us. What do you mean leave question so others can play? I have been giving away to many answers. I have had to go to another spot to think about the news ones from here on. And i do remember the wizard of oz, seems like he was inside some kind of booth of some sort.
Old unanswered??? In the old easy rider mags they had a one blue panhead art pic in the rag somewhere, what was on the blue beast???
Kinda New??? Jeremy McGrath just switched camps, he had always rode yamahas????
New??? The oldest and most famous enduro in america is ????
New??? The Isle of man could be the oldest on going race on this planet, and the taker of how many lives so for????
New??? Honda built a monkey bike back in the early 60s Known as a cz100 this must be a euro model becuase it is not in the big book of honda????
New??? Suzuki was originally another type co. that produced what in 1909 ????
New ???? A 71 waterbottle has a dual drum front wheel. How many cables does it have going to the brake handle pull perch??? :thumbsup: Roosterj doesnt play well w/others

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 04, 2004 - 11:49 PM

Suzuki in 1909 were a loom manufacturer, making thread weaving type machinery. Is the oldest enduro the "Sandy Lane" enduro? McGraths first ride was a Kawasaki, but he spent a good deal of the '90's on CR's. :devil: '71 GT750 had two cables at the perch. I can't recall any artwork of a blue Panhead in EasyRiders mag', how long ago are we talking about here? I don't have any early issues anymore, oldest would be early 1980's :awww: Don't know the answers to the rest of the ??? :thumbsup:

• RoosterJ

Posted August 05, 2004 - 02:09 AM

No its not the sandy lane. but your correct on the other two. 99 on the sleeze question.
New?? The Art of Motorcycle was put on by what mueseum???
New?? This honda has out sold every bike on this planet???
New?? On any sunday 2 Don Vesco goes to the salt flats with a streamliner, whats this thing powered by????
New??? Who Invented the first Motorcycle???
Old unanswered ??? The isle of mann could be the oldest on going race on this planet, how many lives has it taken???
Old unanswered??? The oldest enduro in america???
Old unanswered??? Honda built a monkey bike in early 60s called a cz 100, true or false ????
One Blue Panhead out of easy rider mag has a what riding it? somebody guess!!!! :thumbsup:

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted August 05, 2004 - 03:55 AM

New??? Honda built a monkey bike back in the early 60s Known as a cz100 this must be a euro model becuase it is not in the big book of honda????

the only thing i ever seen referred to as a monkey is a push rod 50.it was a really cool pre z-50 mini bike.had a plaid seat.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 05, 2004 - 04:21 AM

Guggenheim. Honda Cub and/or variations? Don Vesco; was it the twin KZ?1300 Turbo powered streamliner? First motorcycle should be Daimler, but possibly steam powered DeDion could qualify, I will say Daimler. "One Blue Panhead out of easy rider mag has a what riding it? somebody guess!!!!" I dunno, a rat, a naked dude, Miraculous Mutha, (remember her?). New? What sort of "pie" was constantly referred to in old Easyriders mag's? New? What is the name of the magazine closely related to Easyriders, that came out in about '78-'79, and became more focussed on 'old school' choppers, as Easyriders went more towards the Arlen Ness type stuff? New? What is the name of the mag' that featured crap (trailer queens) that even Easyriders didn't want in their mag'? All the mag's went through big changes in direction in the mid'-late '90's. :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 05, 2004 - 05:01 AM

Later model ('40's-'50's) Indian Chief's had a fully enclosed what?

• stk0308

Posted August 05, 2004 - 06:10 AM

What sort of "pie" was constantly referred to in old Easyriders mag's?

hair pie

New? What is the name of the magazine closely related to Easyriders, that came out in about '78-'79, and became more focussed on 'old school' choppers, as Easyriders went more towards the Arlen Ness type stuff?

Outlaw Biker

New? What is the name of the mag' that featured crap (trailer queens) that even Easyriders didn't want in their mag'?

CQ(Custom Quality, or some [@#$%&*!])

• stk0308

Posted August 05, 2004 - 06:11 AM

[QUOTE]
[QUOTE]

What was the smallest displacement bike to win the Daytona 200?
[QUOTE]

An RD350, with Don Emde aboard...

[/QUOTE]
Keeereckt! Jarno duplicated the feat the next year.

• stk0308

Posted August 05, 2004 - 06:14 AM

MX nicknames from the '80's; Mike Bell? Jimmy Weinert? Eddie Warren? Brad Lackey? (easy).

Guessing here:
Mike "Too Tall" Bell
Brad "Cowboy" Lackey

• stk0308

Posted August 05, 2004 - 06:17 AM

Fenders
When Indian went out of business in the 50's they were/became the main importer of what brand?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ250F49

Posted August 05, 2004 - 10:34 AM

Mike Bell? Jimmy Weinert? Brad Lackey?

Mike "Too Tall" Bell,

"Jammin" Jimmy Weinert,

"Bad" Brad Lackey.

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted August 05, 2004 - 02:30 PM

When Indian went out of business in the 50's they were/became the main importer of what brand?

royal enfield

• RoosterJ

Posted August 05, 2004 - 04:54 PM

Where did the nicknames come back from today. i thought they were to easy. Nobody knew who the original iron man was. I had to give that one away. Bob Hannah has a classic picture taken with him on the Legacy ( film sold by axo) in the early 70s.
Yea the art of motorcycle was put on by the Guggenhiem.
great exibit...
The Germans built the first motorcycle.
Don Vesco did not pilot a kz1300 on his record they filmed on the second o.a.s. it was a two stroke...
One Blue Panhead had a skeliton riding it, shooting the finger. reminds me of Jerry Garcia.
As for as the pie refered to it could have been lemon.
Back to the unanswered questions?????
The isle of mann has a lot of corners long wide open sections and a lot of obsticals, it could be the oldest race on the planet earth, how many deaths have ac
cured in this race???
Honda built a lot of monkey bikes, Back in 1961 there is a cz100 in one of my books, it has solid wheels, a c110 looking tank, a z-50 type frame and push rod motor, is this a euro model or did some one construct this bike?????
The oldest enduro in america is not the Caney Creek enduro in the forrest of north houston it is the long going ?????
The question about the chief is a chain.
What is a chain drive cowboy????
Did we talk about Preston Petty yet????
Burned remembers a plaid seat on a pushrod 50, this could be a c110 (honda sport 50) that some one recovered the seat on. Those old seats are black. :thumbsup:

• stk0308

Posted August 05, 2004 - 06:53 PM

royal enfield

Yup

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 05, 2004 - 11:31 PM

Mike Bell? Jimmy Weinert? Brad Lackey?

Mike "Too Tall" Bell,

"Jammin" Jimmy Weinert,

"Bad" Brad Lackey.

Yep. :thumbsup: Has anyone come up with Eddie Warrens nickname yet???

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 05, 2004 - 11:34 PM

Fenders

Not quite, it was the rear drive chain that was fully enclosed, RoosterJ got it. :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 05, 2004 - 11:40 PM

What sort of "pie" was constantly referred to in old Easyriders mag's?

hair pie

New? What is the name of the magazine closely related to Easyriders, that came out in about '78-'79, and became more focussed on 'old school' choppers, as Easyriders went more towards the Arlen Ness type stuff?

Outlaw Biker

New? What is the name of the mag' that featured crap (trailer queens) that even Easyriders didn't want in their mag'?

CQ(Custom Quality, or some [@#$%&*!])

They were always talking about 'raisin pie' in Easyriders ("you've earnt ya raisin pie this issue") etc. I was referring to Iron Horse as the other mag', but I agree Outlaw Biker, or probably even SuperCycle could be alternate answers on that one :thumbsup: VQ was the yuppie trash rag. :devil:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 06, 2004 - 03:20 AM

In 1964, one year before Harley released the Electra Glide, an electric start Harley was produced. What was it?

• RoosterJ

Posted August 06, 2004 - 09:37 AM

The H model sporster.
What harley is produced in Japan?

• RoosterJ

Posted August 06, 2004 - 03:03 PM

Don Vescos salt flat bullet was powered by a h-2 kaw.
The Isle of Mann has taken over 170 something lives so far.
The jack pines is the oldest enduro in america.
New? what harley is produced in japan???
New? the megola radial is a german machine, wheres the motor????
New???Japan was the first bike builders to use candy paints???
New??? Honda made a lot of monkey bikes, whats so radicly different about the zb 50 of 1988 ???
New ?? Whats a chain drive cowboy????
New ??? The song that starts off easy rider???
New ??? A road toad is made by who???

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.