motorcycle trivia

376 replies to this topic
  • RoosterJ

Posted August 02, 2004 - 08:26 AM

It could have been the little suzuki v-4

• stk0308

Posted August 02, 2004 - 10:07 AM

Nope. Think where this thread is located.

BTW, what little Suzuki v-4? :thumbsup:

• Bultaco206

Posted August 02, 2004 - 10:32 AM

Was it Don Emde on a like a Yamaha 200/250? 1972-ish?

• stk0308

Posted August 02, 2004 - 11:58 AM

Was it Don Emde on a like a Yamaha 200/250? 1972-ish?

Getting closer, right brand, right rider, wrong size.

• Guest_dsornot2ds_*

Posted August 02, 2004 - 03:39 PM

Yall are both wrong it was genuine yamaha tuning. heck i would have never known till i bought a 70 dt-1 250 a couple weeks ago. IN the onwers man. it tells how to strip it down and the parts that gyt had to offer to up the performance. :thumbsup:

WRONG! Go to the Yamaha website...IT's Genuine Yamaha Technology-Racing (GYT-R) :devil:

• RoosterJ

Posted August 02, 2004 - 04:10 PM

Do you have a 1970 yamaha dt-1 owners manual at your finger tips. do you want to lose some money? Im right on this one with out question or i would not have asked it. :thumbsup:

• RoosterJ

Posted August 02, 2004 - 04:43 PM

First off some of these question are trick. Just like the bikes i ride. Second im rooster j.
Answer to the Billy Jack question. Biker gang
Answer to the montrose song question was Bad Motor scooter
New ??? Back in maybe the summer of love the Rolling Stones gave a free concert in cali. at the altimont speedway who did the policeing or crowd control???
New??? In a side car outfit the rider is called the ?????
New??? IN the movie easy rider what happened to BIlly and the Billy bike at the end???
Old unanswered??? To be a member of a Big Bore club you have to have a bike that at least has how many ccs???
Suzuki did make a little v-4 125 back maybe in the late 60s the stingers one the end of those little chambers were no bigger than pencils , no joke :thumbsup:

• Bultaco206

Posted August 02, 2004 - 04:50 PM

In a side car outfit the rider is called the ?????...
Old unanswered??? To be a member of a Big Bore club you have to have a bike that at least has how many ccs???

The sidecar, or hack, deal is called a Monkey. As for your other question, we may argue over this one; depending on your age.

When I started racing back in the Dark Ages there were no mini classes like you have today. We had the 100cc class; the 125cc class; and the 175cc class. These were the minis and the big bores were the 250s and above.

As time went on, the 100 and 175 classes went away leaving the 125 and 250 classes, and the Open class (251cc and up)was considered the big bore class.

To answer YOUR question - I'll stick with my first answer of 250s were known as big bores. :thumbsup:

• RoosterJ

Posted August 02, 2004 - 05:04 PM

Im talking about a club. Your most likely right about a class of racing being 250s called the big bores. Im thinking 500ccs could be the min. on the requirments for member-ship of a big bore club. I dont know if a wr 450 will reach this requirment???? :thumbsup:

• YZ250F49

Posted August 03, 2004 - 01:04 AM

New ??? Back in maybe the summer of love the Rolling Stones gave a free concert in cali. at the altimont speedway who did the policeing or crowd control???

The Hell's Angels MC. They ended up killing one of the concert goers in a fight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted August 03, 2004 - 04:32 PM

Well done you guys are hard core.
4. The guy who pulled all his leathers off and set a speed record at the salt flats in just his breifs,who was he???

Rollie Free

• RichBaker

Posted August 03, 2004 - 04:34 PM

[QUOTE]

What was the smallest displacement bike to win the Daytona 200?
[QUOTE]

An RD350, with Don Emde aboard...

• RoosterJ

Posted August 03, 2004 - 05:05 PM

My computer is broke at the shop so i will slow down the posts. Maybe let the thread die. Heck i dont know what im talking about anyway, but i am building a vintage dt-1 for racing. And maybe go a after another W.O.R.C.s number 1 plate.
New Question? Back When Kenny Roberts went to europe they called him a cocky young yank, and they would not sell him rain tires. What did he do for tires???
New??? This bike sold by yamaha beared Kenny Roberts signature?????
New??? Chuck Sun Rode for team???
No body knows what happend to Billy and Capitan america at the end of the movie easy rider???

• RichBaker

Posted August 03, 2004 - 05:41 PM

New Question? Back When Kenny Roberts went to europe they called him a cocky young yank, and they would not sell him rain tires. What did he do for tires???

Ran Goodyears....

New??? This bike sold by yamaha bore Kenny Roberts signature?????

RZ350KR...fast SOB!

New??? Chuck Sun Rode for team???

Honda...

No body knows what happend to Billy and Capitan america at the end of the movie easy rider???

They were killed....

• RoosterJ

Posted August 04, 2004 - 02:11 AM

Kenny had to cut grooves in his goodyear tires. yea the rz did bear his signature. and yes chuck sun was one of the few from the land of the rising sun to ever ride m/x. :thumbsup:

• RoosterJ

Posted August 04, 2004 - 02:23 AM

Oh yea sad ending of easy rider movie
New??? In the sleezy rider (easy rider) magazine there was always a art page called One Blue Panhead, what was riding it???
New??? They called this guy the old man of motocross back in the 70s who was he????
New??? They called this guy the rhinestone cowboy, always had a big smile and white teeth, lives in san ant. tex, still rides harescrambles and kicks but, who is he???
New??? Jeremy Mcgrath has always rode yamahas until recently ???? true or false :thumbsup:

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted August 04, 2004 - 03:43 AM

They called this guy the rhinestone cowboy, always had a big smile and white teeth, lives in san ant. tex, still rides harescrambles and kicks but, who is he???

kent howerton

New??? Jeremy Mcgrath has always rode yamahas until recently ???? true or false

false :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 04, 2004 - 04:15 AM

MX nicknames from the '80's; Mike Bell? Jimmy Weinert? Eddie Warren? Brad Lackey? (easy).

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted August 04, 2004 - 04:29 AM

jammin' jimmy wienert....i will leave the rest so others can play.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 04, 2004 - 04:32 AM

jammin' jimmy wienert....i will leave the rest so others can play.

:thumbsup: :devil: :awww:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.