• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 28, 2004 - 06:38 AM

Good mate!!! exactly on the ZZ ?
The wr question is out of fun for feed back, but i did look
at it on a aussy yama web site.
the honda minitrail? unanswered
New ??? Elvis rode a Harley ??
New?? Rokon and husky had autos what was hondas called??? :thumbsup:

OK, it got the better of me, so I cheated and looked on the Yamaha web site. It says that the 2WD set up was designed by Ohlins? No mention of a wheelie king, trick question hey? :devil: :awww:

• RoosterJ

Posted July 28, 2004 - 07:18 AM

Being a wheelie king thing is one of my wierd fetishes. maybe the guy who likes to jackem up will dig on this bike? the wr 450 2wd.05 :thumbsup:

• RoosterJ

Posted July 28, 2004 - 09:01 AM

Missed those replys sorry but you were right on. the first mini trails had ivory grips and handles, no lights. Elvis started out on a 165 and is shown in the big book of harley on his 56 kh model sporty. along with a nother pic on a pan duo glide. Long live rock and roll ....
Indian Larry is known for his trick riding, what tricks can he do?? :thumbsup: Next?? the new honda dream race model has one or two exhuast ports???

• RoosterJ

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:20 PM

You just sold your last three. (not honda dreams i hope)???
Latest ????s Indian Larrys riding tricks??
The new honda dream has how many exhuast ports???
Is this the final year of the legendary KX 500???
A 1967 yamaha yr-1 gran prix has what added feature inside the fuel tank???
Barry Briggs film clips got lost for the original on any sunday he was what kind of racer????
Thanks to all that played roosters trivia, sorry if i got on any bodys nerves. :thumbsup:

• RCannon

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:37 PM

This thread rules. I just watched the burning bike the other night on "On Any Sunday". That movie is a timeless classic. My father took me to it when I was 6. I think it was the only movie he and I went to together. I lost my dad last year, but I have wonderful memories from that rainy day he took me to see it.

You guys would die if you saw the area where the widowmaker hillclimb was at. It is now a nighborhood. Very nice , upperclass homes. They get really pissed when you call their neighborhood...."Widowmaker Estates".

I love the trivia. Who knows the first lines, and maybe all lines, of the Honda Kick-N-Go commercial? My sick, Rainman like brain does.

• Bultaco206

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:49 PM

You just sold your last three. (not honda dreams i hope)???

Yep, gone. They weren't that nice and I don't think I could have had a nice one between the three. I've had too many projects lately and it's time to concentrate on the ones I want; not the ones that appeared because I had the parts.

Keep the trivia thread going. I don't have a Yamaha (only ever owned one - a brand new '75 DT175!) but it sure was fun to come in here a look around.

I sure have learned a lot about WRs by just lurking and looking at trivia. :thumbsup:

• YZ250F49

Posted July 28, 2004 - 04:00 PM

You guys would die if you saw the area where the widowmaker hillclimb was at. It is now a nighborhood. Very nice , upperclass homes. They get really pissed when you call their neighborhood.... :thumbsup:"Widowmaker Estates" :thumbsup:.

Thank God they built houses there to "Preserve" the land instead of having nasty, smelly dirt bikes tearing the place up.
Did they bulldoze down the hill for fill dirt?

• RCannon

Posted July 28, 2004 - 05:34 PM

Again, you would not believe me if I told you. I will take a picture of the area tomorrow. If someone could post it, we can all have a good laugh.

The hill was and is too big to bulldoze. It is a mauntain. The houses are at the approach. You can still see tracks from when the cycles were climbing it!

• YZ250F49

Posted July 29, 2004 - 12:59 AM

Yeah, I would love to see a picture of the place.

• RoosterJ

Posted July 29, 2004 - 02:55 AM

Rideing place are quickly disapering....
Left over questions from yesterday!!!!
For who ever to answer. They are getting thin and i am covered up with work.
!Off the TV show motorcycle mania Indian larry builds a bike in a bike build off and they show some clips of him oout on the road riding, what is his special trick???
2.Is this the final year of prod. of the almighty beast known as the KX 500 (or big kwacker)?????
3a 67 yr-1 yamaha 350 granprix has what added feature in the fuel tank????
4.Barry Briggs film clips where lost for on any sunday 1,
what kind of racer was he????
5 What is a DKW and where was is it made????
6.On american graffiti ,in the opening seens they ride a scooter up, vespa or cushman turtleback??? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bultaco206

Posted July 29, 2004 - 03:05 AM

5 What is a DKW and where was is it made????

DKW (Dampf Kraft Wagen) is German for steam powered vehicle. They made cars and motorcycles until the mid-'60s. Taken over by MZ Skorpion, they continued to import two models of bikes into the U.S. with the DKW badge and Sachs motors until 1973.

I know, I have one. :thumbsup:

• RoosterJ

Posted July 29, 2004 - 03:25 AM

Yes you do have one. last week we were drinking beer in the office here and one of the boys spotted it in you bike list, he asked what is a DKW, i explained best i could (never seen one live).
How about those hondas you sold? dreams or just liitle hondas?
I left out the dream question on my post before but here it is again how many exhuast ports do the new model race dream have??? :thumbsup:

• Bultaco206

Posted July 29, 2004 - 03:42 AM

Yes you do have one. last week we were drinking beer in the office here and one of the boys spotted it in you bike list, he asked what is a DKW, i explained best i could (never seen one live).
How about those hondas you sold? dreams or just liitle Hondas. :thumbsup:

Dreams.

Here's a pic of my DKW from a few years ago. If all you see is a red X - here's the link .

Posted Image

• RoosterJ

Posted July 29, 2004 - 03:47 AM

I just snaped new ones or old ones? the pic was forbidden it said. :thumbsup:

• Bultaco206

Posted July 29, 2004 - 03:58 AM

I just snaped new ones or old ones? the pic was forbidden it said. :thumbsup:

The pic loads on my page fine. If you can't see it, try this .

• RoosterJ

Posted July 29, 2004 - 04:09 AM

The Hondas new or old?? still no pic.

• Bultaco206

Posted July 29, 2004 - 04:16 AM

Old.

The pic shows up on all of my computers here. I have no clue why you can't see it. :thumbsup:

• RoosterJ

Posted July 29, 2004 - 04:59 AM

Old okay. These were push rod four strokes right. what year models and being nosey about how much would one sell for? i have never really looked for any but and havent seen any for sale either. How about bike week? You ever go / going next spring? :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 29, 2004 - 05:06 AM

In the opening scene of American Graffiti, 'Toad' crash parks the Vespa into a photo booth or vending machine or something. :devil: I recently watched the DVD 'The making of: American Graffiti', that crash wasn't in the script, Terry the Toad just couldn't ride for sh*t :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 29, 2004 - 05:22 AM

2.Is this the final year of prod. of the almighty beast known as the KX 500 (or big kwacker)?????
3a 67 yr-1 yamaha 350 granprix has what added feature in the fuel tank???? I work for a Kawasaki distributor (among other brands), and in the last two years have only seen one KX500 come through the warehouse. It was an '04 model. I have been told there will be no more for '05. Also, in Australia, the leftover '02 CR500's were modified to comply with road rules (fitted with lighting coils, lights, mirrors, turn signals etc), and sold as road registerable enduro (desert) racers in '03 and early '04. I think the last of them have been sold too. I am guessing that the added feature in the '67 Yamaha 350 GP bike was an internal baffle???

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.