motorcycle trivia

376 replies to this topic
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 27, 2004 - 05:35 AM

Your a wealth of information.. do you have the BIG BOOK ON H-D ?? I think thier should be a lot of old Z1s in kangroo country. Back in the day President Wilson got H-D involved in trying to catch the outlaw Villa. They sent down bikes but didnt catch him. :awww:

I have a bunch of HD books, but I haven't had to refer to them yet. I moved house last week, so I don't even know where they are to be honest. In boxes somewhere :thumbsup: Z1's are getting scarce over here, my bosses son has an orange and brown one, barely ridden since new, I think about 600 miles on it, it is beautiful. :devil:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 27, 2004 - 05:42 AM

1. XLCR 2. Stugis model
Actually i think the low rider was Wllie gs clam to fame. The boat tail night train was one his first customs after relizing these things are rolling art work. :devil:

XLCR correct, Sturgis Shovelhead belt/belt drive correct. The first LowRider was 1977, but the 1971 'Night Train' was the first factory custom that he had a hand in. You are quite possibly right about Willy G designing the LowRider entirely by himself. This thread is cool. :thumbsup: But I must sleep, later. :awww:

• RoosterJ

Posted July 27, 2004 - 11:46 AM

The near legendary Wild Bill Gelbke built the Roadog motorcycle, how did he die??? No answer on the roger decoster test track soil, or the carabello question either. :thumbsup:

• Maddog542

Posted July 27, 2004 - 06:29 PM

The Sturgis was dubbed the FXB, the "B" designation was for the belt drive. I think it was sold from 1981 through 1983. A Sturgis was also reproduced in 1991 from the Dyna platform.

• The_Missile

Posted July 27, 2004 - 10:28 PM

Wild Bill Gelbke died in a domestic dispute.

Posted Image

• The_Missile

Posted July 27, 2004 - 10:52 PM

I weigh 135 pounds
I develop 320 horsepower and 425 foot pounds of torque.
What am I ?

• RoosterJ

Posted July 28, 2004 - 02:14 AM

Bravo
The suzuki RE-5 was powered by what kind of motor?
Hondas first bike the dream was a 2 or 4 stroke ?
The engineer that designed the 05 wr 450 2wd is a aspiring wheelie king? true or false
Still unaswered
Rodger Decoster had a test track in europe, Bob Hannah rode this track and got spanked down, what was the soil.
The carrabella hecko de mexico or not? :awww: :devil: :thumbsup:

• Bultaco206

Posted July 28, 2004 - 02:18 AM

The Dream was a 4-stroke, as were all Hondas then. (I just sold the last three that I had. :devil:) The Carabella was made in Mexico. I don't remember anything special about DeCoster's track. :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 28, 2004 - 02:49 AM

The Sturgis was dubbed the FXB, the "B" designation was for the belt drive. I think it was sold from 1981 through 1983. A Sturgis was also reproduced in 1991 from the Dyna platform.

:thumbsup:Well done. Extra points if you can tell me how many were made in 1991? They were numbered from No.1 to ----, but the actual figure made was less than on the limited edition nameplates. :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 28, 2004 - 02:57 AM

The Suzuki RE5 was powered by a Rotary engine (sometimes known as a Wankel engine. I think that was the name of the dude who originally designed it?) They only came out for a couple of years in the mid' '70's. Can you say UGLY :thumbsup: As far as I know, they are the same basic concept as the Mazda Rotary car engines.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:05 AM

I weigh 135 pounds
What am I ?

Is it the engine out of the Y2K turbine (helicopter engine) powered bike, like the one Jay Leno has? If not then my second answer is just FAST! :thumbsup:

• The_Missile

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:30 AM

I weigh 135 pounds
What am I ?

Is it the engine out of the Y2K turbine (helicopter engine) powered bike, like the one Jay Leno has? If not then my second answer is just FAST! :thumbsup:

yup

Posted Image

• RoosterJ

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:53 AM

Well of all people i thought you would have been a shoe in on this one. Rogers test track was sand. In the intervue on any sunday 2 Bob sayes he thought he was a good sand rider, but roger showed he differently, by the first lap roger was half a lap ahead. A all sand training track would be the ticket for any one racing bikes. :thumbsup:

• RoosterJ

Posted July 28, 2004 - 04:02 AM

Back to the turbo for a moment. I didnt think that suzuki had any factory T/C bikes, but found a pic here of 83 xn Turbo. What size motor on this thing anybody know???
How a bout the 05 wr question? any feed back??
New Question ???? ZZ Top had some custom sleds and hog built. back in the time of the eliminator album. What did they call these things??? :thumbsup:

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted July 28, 2004 - 04:12 AM

xn85's are extremely rare.ive only ever seen one.

they are 673 cc's.

there were only 300 imported to the US.very very cool bike.

Posted Image

yamaha aslo had the turb seca.

• RoosterJ

Posted July 28, 2004 - 05:17 AM

I like the way you think .
New ?? First year mini trail 50 had a couple features different from the other year models what were these??
Still unawered ZZ Top ?? ,WR ?? :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 28, 2004 - 05:24 AM

[QUOTE]
Back to the turbo for a moment. I didnt think that suzuki had any factory T/C bikes, but found a pic here of 83 xn Turbo. What size motor on this thing anybody know???
How a bout the 05 wr question? any feed back??
New Question ???? ZZ Top had some custom sleds and hog built. back in the time of the eliminator album. What did they call these things??? :thumbsup: [/quote) I went to a motorcycle expo in 'late '82, and saw a pre-production XN85, I thought they were pretty cool. I think I still have the original sales brochure put away somewhere here. They were marketed as a 650 Turbo over here, but like burned said, we didn't see too many on our shores. Don't know about the '05 WR question, sorry. One of the ZZ top cars was the 'CadZilla', can't remember what the '33-'34? coupe was called, maybe Eliminator? Because it was featured in that albums clip/s. I vaguely remember a ZZ top bike or two called 'HogZilla', or something like that???

• RoosterJ

Posted July 28, 2004 - 06:17 AM

Good mate!!! exactly on the ZZ ?
The wr question is out of fun for feed back, but i did look
at it on a aussy yama web site.
the honda minitrail? unanswered
New ??? Elvis rode a Harley ??
New?? Rokon and husky had autos what was hondas called??? :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 28, 2004 - 06:19 AM

I like the way you think .
New ?? First year mini trail 50 had a couple features different from the other year models what were these??
Still unawered ZZ Top ?? ,WR ?? :thumbsup:

First year mini trail had white handgrips and white plastic levers, also i'm pretty sure they had no headlight or tail light, but later ones did. Probably other changes too, but I can't remember....

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 28, 2004 - 06:24 AM

Good mate!!! exactly on the ZZ ?
The wr question is out of fun for feed back, but i did look
at it on a aussy yama web site.
the honda minitrail? unanswered
New ??? Elvis rode a Harley ??
New?? Rokon and husky had autos what was hondas called??? :thumbsup:

Elvis rode a 1956 Sportster I beleive, but he bought many others over the years for himself, staff and friends. The only automatic Honda I recall is the CB750A from the '70's???

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.