Front tow hitch

3 replies to this topic
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted July 08, 2004 - 04:49 AM

Does anybody tow their bike on a joe hauler or some other type of bike carrier on the front of their vehicle. I want to put a front tow hitch on my GMC Sonoma ZR2 so I can put my bike on the front and put my wifes quad in the back of the truck. This is for the times when we go camping and have to pull the pop-up camper. Any suggestions would be great.

• Sparky_So_Cal

Posted July 09, 2004 - 09:20 AM

I have seen motorhomes set up like that, but also there is a company out here in Southern California that sells a "joe hauler" type of hitch which allows you to hook up a trailer also. After you hook up to your hitch there is a receptical which allows you to tow something also.

I beleive there in Marina Del Rey

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rOOster14

Posted July 09, 2004 - 10:31 PM

couldnt you put a hitch on the tow behind trailer, then put one of those out back rack kind of deals....maybe worth looking into. just an idea.
-rOOster- :thumbsup:

Posted July 10, 2004 - 04:35 AM

Be careful about putting a bike on the back of a tow trailer. Too much weight on the back will lighten the tongue weight and make the trailer unstable to tow. As a general rule you want a minimum of 10% of the trailer weight on the tongue (and preferably 15%). As far as mounting the bike on the front of the truck I've seen it done but I think you may get some grief from Mr. Highway Patrolman if it covers the headlights at all.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.