Changed my mind

5 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted July 07, 2004 - 10:41 AM

Well I rode the 04 crf450 and was not to impressed, I was very very cramped I am going to get a new yamaha, I also did not realize how much I like the 4 speed until now! :thumbsup:

• racerxj17

Posted July 07, 2004 - 12:56 PM

yeah i had rode a friends cr 450 a few times and loved it...went to buy one and they happened to have a sale on the yzf. 5300 otd vs. 76 otd crf.....glad i did now too. i enjoy the bike more than the crf...

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 07, 2004 - 02:48 PM

$7600 for a CRF?? :thumbsup: :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wildside

Posted July 08, 2004 - 04:58 AM

$7600 for a CRF?? :thumbsup: :devil:

Yea, that's why I bought my YZF in 2002.

$7,800 OTD for the CRF and $6,100 for the YZF.

I've ridden a friend's CRF and it's really nice. Based on the type of riding I do though (desert) my next bike will be a WR.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 08, 2004 - 06:58 AM

Well I rode the 04 crf450 and was not to impressed, I was very very cramped I am going to get a new yamaha, I also did not realize how much I like the 4 speed until now! :devil:

Jason I had the same reaction when I rode the 04CRF. Altough I could ride it longer w/o getting as tired I missed the 4 speed big time - there is NO NEED for a 5 speed on these bikes regardless what I read on this forum if you ride MX only - which is what the bike is made for! I just can not decide if I want a 05 or wait for a 06 YZF - that suspension change to twin cartridge sure looks sweet! I wonder if waiting for a while for the 05 and the price drop may be close to 5k like the 04's are going for in this area. :thumbsup:

• Thumper38

Posted July 08, 2004 - 07:09 AM

I covinced my self into the 05, I think the changes will be great, I have no problem with the steel frame. But on the flip side I will probaly get the 06 too as long as I can swing it. The only thing I liked about the crf is that it did turn better, and with the new suspension the Yamaha will have might be the key if not I have a few things I can try such as a different offset on the triple clamps and the storm linkage! :D :thumbsup: :awww: :lol: :devil:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.