What type of grease for suspension?

12 replies to this topic
  • dmxracing

Posted July 29, 2002 - 05:29 PM

I am in the process of rebuilding my rear suspension and I wondering what type of grease to use. I have boat trailer wheel bearing grease which is very thick and I have this moly disulfide grease which seems kind of thin. I want to use the trailer bearing grease cuz it seems it will hold up longer during washings, etc... Let me know what you think????

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 30, 2002 - 01:34 AM

IMHO, follow the manual. It calls for moly grease on most places with lithium based grease (your trailer wheel bearing stuff) in only a few places.

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted July 31, 2002 - 11:40 AM

to be honest, any waterproof grease will work good. i simply use red grease that we have at work. it is high-temp, waterproof, multipurpose grease.

• rmarion

Posted July 31, 2002 - 01:23 PM

Anything but stock buttgrease.

I use Belray Waterproof.

But than.....I ate a Brat sausage dog, man that was greasy, I could have greased three bikes...

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 31, 2002 - 01:35 PM

LOLOLOL :)

I had a black cat called Buzz (wanna Guess Why his name was Buz)

Any way that dumb stupid cat got the munchies (Buz , Munchies = Wanna Know why I named hi Buz) :D

I had cooked up a bunch of smoked bacon one morning andleft the pan colling on the stove.

Well I went to a buds house came back and that dumb cat ate all the grease.

Well he was laying sideways on the kicthen floor with a streak of grease hanging out of his butt from the cat boz down the hall and right were he layed. All that guy could do was meow and when he did that he crapped himslef.

Whats this got to do wit suspension grease?

I dont know but I dont eat yellow snow either :D

• MGR_8

Posted July 31, 2002 - 02:34 PM

Ego, I say with all the resept in the world...man it is good to know I am not the only one who can't spell and my grammer sux too! You are a hoot! I am guesing you are a better rider than speller.

MGR8

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_UK

Posted August 01, 2002 - 01:46 AM

MGR8
u assume too much

u not seen the infamous egobail video?
Posted Image

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 01, 2002 - 02:34 AM

HEY :)

There is nothing wrong with my spellin
You are all Dyslexics
:D

Part of the fun here is seeing the flames on me spelling.

I have been writtin up by managment becouse of my lack of spell checker usage. Little do they know, its all part of me Shtick!!!
Mooohahahahahahahahaha

Ask Big Blue One if I ride as bad as I spell

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• CJ_Baran

Posted August 01, 2002 - 08:07 PM

Ego, I am LMAO right now. Had to read three times.
..."every time he meowed he crapped himself" lol. :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 02, 2002 - 03:34 AM

Its true, I had to take him to the vet wrapped in two towels.

He MEOWed Spelt rite

and the poor guy had so much greas in him he had no control.

That episode cost me 95 bucks, one heck of a way to give a cat an enima.

Anyway Buz was adopted by a buddie of mine (I could not keep hime where I moved) and he got himself killed chasing a German Shepard accros a street. The Dog Made it but BLAMMMO the cat did not...

[ August 02, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• needsprayer

Posted August 02, 2002 - 04:20 AM

Nilla said: "to be honest, any waterproof grease will work good. i simply use red grease that we have at work. it is high-temp, waterproof, multipurpose grease"

I agree. I might add that the red grease should also be high pressure. It's all that I use for bearings (stearing head, wheel, suspension, etc)and even the axle bolt. I did use a ton of anitseize compound (instead of the red grease)on the swingarm pivot bolt to prevent corrosion and
galling.

[ August 02, 2002: Message edited by: needsprayer ]

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 02, 2002 - 04:25 AM

So KY jelly is a No-No :)

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted August 02, 2002 - 06:51 AM

HAHAHHAHAHAHA KY!!!!!! you can use that to lube the engine with, but it may clog your oil filter! just pull out the filter and you'll be fine!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.