Trail riding with a 426f

8 replies to this topic
  • Mighty_Whitey

Posted July 29, 2002 - 04:41 PM

Hey guys. What would you recommend I do to a 2001 YZ426f to make it a better trail bike. Smaller front sprocket? Weighted fly wheel? Just wondering how I can give it some more low end torque, to compensate for tight, low speed riding. Thanks.

• Merfman

Posted July 30, 2002 - 03:18 AM

I had my suspension revalved to fit my style/weight. I didn't change the gearing at all. I have a 50T rear sprocket because that's all I could find when I replaced the last set. I'll probably go back to stock gearing on the next exchange.

Merf

• edareus

Posted July 30, 2002 - 08:26 AM

I have a 12 oz flywheel weight on my 400, :) made a world of difference. No more stalling when I tap the rear brake. I bought the bolt on kind and installed it myself. I got it from Strokerspeed.com I can lug a taller gear in the woods. I thought I went to light at first but if I would have gone heavier it would have robbed power I think. I ride mostly woods.

• yzboy

Posted July 30, 2002 - 10:13 AM

I put a 52t on and its awsome in the woods and it's nice in the tight stuff. Putting the 52 on realy do to much with the speed. Good luck. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Uncle_Rich

Posted July 30, 2002 - 11:52 AM

I put a Steahly 14oz. flywheel on and went to a 13T front sprocket.
This works great for me
Rich

• dman1979

Posted July 30, 2002 - 03:10 PM

My 2002 YZ 426 is stock and I haven't had a problem in the woods. Even in the tight and twisty trails.

• XC800.X

Posted July 30, 2002 - 03:45 PM

Does anyone ever WR time a YZ? If so,what are the results? :)

• Extreme_Diesel

Posted July 30, 2002 - 04:26 PM

I put a 13-tooth sprocket on the front and liked it. Now I have a 12-tooth and it is good for the tight stuff, but not so good for fast stuff. The the chain and rear sprocket are still stock. I need to get out riding more. :)
Chris

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 30, 2002 - 04:41 PM

Diesel......
Pm me and we will get out some wkend...
I have sun/mon off so either of those days will work for me.........except this coming wkend.
I AM GOING TO THE 4STROKE NATIONALS IN SPOKANE!!!
and a wedding on FRi!
Pm me with a # or email and we always have someone to ride with!
Usually around Jericho and Stansbury front. Mostly Jericho.
G
cg4racing@suborno.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.