Attn Oregon Dunes Riders

2 replies to this topic
  • Glen_T

Posted July 29, 2002 - 04:19 PM

Hey SMP and others, I just got back a week ago from riding in North Bend, and on the first day I got a ticket for noise riding down Houser road. I had put my stock pipe on at Marc's suggestion, but it registered 99db and earned me a ticket. $75 if I didn't fix it, or $15 if I did. I went down to the local Polaris shop and asked about some options. I ordered a White Brothers Vortip (for a WR) and we welded it onto the stock silencer end-cap. The end-cap gets destroyed in this mod, but it silenced the bike considerably. I had it checked again when a ranger drove through camp, and it measured 93db!!! The ranger that re-tested my bike said it was the only YZ 426 he'd known to pass!!! The Vortip does restrict the exhaust, but honestly I didn't notice much of a power loss. I had a ball. Those dunes rock! We'll be back next year.
GLEN

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMP

Posted July 29, 2002 - 08:16 PM

Hey Glen,

Sorry to hear about the ticket. I did not see any rangers the last time I was out...a good thing I guess!! I better look into getting that tip you installed. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Oregon Dunes, I will never get tired of it. My finacee ordered a 03 Limited Raptor(all black), which should be in any time, then we can hit the dunes again.

Let us know if you notice any more of a power decrease in your regular riding with the tip installed.

What was the rest of your setup like and how well did it work?

Marc

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 30, 2002 - 01:56 AM

In the CRF forum someone had a picture of a bike with a HUDGE FMF silencer on it. It looked a couple inches longer than stock. I want to say it had a Q on the sticker. Anyway, is anyone familiar with this silencer, and if so does it really cut the noise significantly without killing the power?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.