Rode a CRF, 04 to 04 comparison...

7 replies to this topic
  • JayR426

Posted July 06, 2004 - 02:30 PM

Well, My racing partner just got his 2004 CRF 450 and i got to ride it this weekend. Bare in mind that i have a new 2004 YZ450F, sooo we have got a fair 04 comparison.

First off, The magazines are all partial to one bike, or brand! They are both so alike that it is somewhat pathetic. They are both so good that it comes down to which color you like best. PERIOD. or who gives you the best deal!

Anyways, I really liked the crf, power was very comparable to the yzf, and vice versa. The one difference that was noticable... 4 speed vs. 5 speed. Both of which i liked. Somewhat partial to the 4 speed... a little less thinking.

The YZ has better overall suspension, as both myself and friend agree. The forks are a little plusher with both having good bottoming resitance.

I am tall, 6'3", The YZ is better suited to a tall rider, CRF better suited to smaller frame. CR has better details.

Anyways... Here is my point, take it or leave it...

I HATE all the bike bashing... "my bikes better because this mag says so" etc etc! These bikes are both so good that it doesnt matter what you buy... unless you look terrible in red or blue!

Slow rider = slow on any bike
Fast rider = fast on any bike

Pick a color and lets go ride...TOGETHER!!!

Later...
Jason :thumbsup:

• gonzo

Posted July 06, 2004 - 02:54 PM

Ergo's on both bikes are so much a like that if you blindfolded me and put on one at a time I couldnt tell the difference. Now the front end on the honda seems shorter and some like that for the visual effect but other than that they are so a like. The Honda does feel lighter in the air but I dont care that much about it.

• Matt96xr6

Posted July 06, 2004 - 03:25 PM

Riding bikes like the CRF to the YZFs, you notice how stiff the frame is on the CRFs! Almost distracting for the first few laps.

With the FMF Q pipe on the CRF vs WB on the YZF, the cr had more bottom but no mid or top in comparision to the YZF.

Brakes, the hondas still have a great feel to them!

My $.02

• rush66

Posted July 06, 2004 - 07:17 PM

agreed and i have a feeling it will be about the same in 05 but in 06 if the yzf gets all these new changes(alum frame and engine improvements) we will have to see what will happen since i haven't heard about major change ideas for the crf? i've heard rumors of fuel injection but i think that is a myth?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MXKyle

Posted July 07, 2004 - 02:24 AM

I HATE all the bike bashing... "my bikes better because this mag says so" etc etc! These bikes are both so good that it doesnt matter what you buy... unless you look terrible in red or blue!

My '03 is faster than your '04. :thumbsup:

--KT--

• JayR426

Posted July 07, 2004 - 06:17 AM

My '03 is faster than your '04. :thumbsup:

--KT--

Yep... I'm sure it is. :devil:

• sbrown

Posted July 21, 2004 - 12:01 PM

I rode the 03 CRF and yzf 450's. They were both pretty similar except the YZF hit earlier and a little harder which some people might not like compared to the Honda. I agree with the previous posts that a good rider could go fast on either one.

• crf450f

Posted July 23, 2004 - 08:01 AM

That is what I heard, the YZ delivers a punch of power, the CR rolles it on smoother. The Guys that come from a 2 stroke, usually prefer the YZ hit, reminds them of the good old days of the 2 smoke. LOL :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.