White Brothers E-Series - S-Bend or ProMeg.

3 replies to this topic
  • Yak

Posted July 29, 2002 - 05:36 AM

According to the WhiteBrothers catalog, the E-series S-bend silencer is more for a better low end and the ProMeg is for better mid to top end.

So my question is this:

Do you think it would be better to get the low end pipe to compensate for the lack of low end response? ..or.. Would it be better to accentuate the qualities the 426 already has with the mid and top end pipe? We know that the 426 screams in the top end, so wouldnt that just make it screem more??

What are your thoughts on the e-series pipes. I like how they are tunable with the discs, and them not being ridiculously long is a plus, are they good? I need to have a spark arrestor and though it would just be better to go with the whole pipe than spend $150 for just an end cap. My price range is under $300.

What would you prefer between the E-series Promeg, S-bend... or .. FMF PowerCoreIV with SA.
- And Why?

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 29, 2002 - 05:40 AM

I look at it this way now,

In Calif its all about Noise (aka db levels)

The WB pipes are notoriuos for noise levels (The Loadest Pipes)

Eventually all OHV's wil be sound checked, its coming to a neighborhood nearst you.

The other thing is. All pipes are relitivly the same, some do low end, some mid some top end performance gains.

Its a matter of Noise to me. Personally, I dont think 95% of us use the bike to its potential anyway, so adding a pipe is just a matter of what brand you like...

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted July 29, 2002 - 08:50 AM

I have both pipes, An S-Bend on my WR and a Pro meg on my YZ....Honestly they both feel solid on the bottom end. Jetting has just as much to do with Low en torque as does the pipe.

Bonzai :)

• 426fireman

Posted July 29, 2002 - 03:34 PM

I have the e-series with the tapered head pipe. It definantly helps on low end and mid range. I have found that mine sems to perform the best for me with all the disk in and sparkarester installed. Look on E-bay, I bought mine from there for $250.00 that is with headpipe.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.