dynojet satge 1 kit?

2 replies to this topic
  • milesodirt

Posted July 05, 2004 - 05:14 AM

I just installed a stage 1 Moose dynojet kit, I used the stock spring, DJ needle 3rd position and a K&N filter. I can feel the throttle response and RPMs bulid faster but still have a hesitation off idle and at low rpm when I whack the throttle. My kit did not include a pilot jet though I have seen other posts say they got one in their kit. What gives? did I get robbed or do some kits not include a pilot? I feel that I need to go up to a 55s should I buy OEM or stick with dynojet stuff? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • michaeln

Posted July 05, 2004 - 05:46 AM

When Baja Designs sells the Dynojet kit, they add a pilot jet to the kit. As far as I know, other vendors don't.

• uw153

Posted July 06, 2004 - 02:08 AM

Michaeln is right. I have the same kit as you, no pilot came with the kit. I went to the dealer with my pilot in hand and picked up a 52 and a 55. Your going to want to drill your slide 5/32 in each hole next to the needle hole also. That will help the hesitation a bite. Your best bet is to get the 55 pilot.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.