adjusting valves...???

2 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted July 05, 2004 - 02:23 AM

Alright,
When it comes to measuring valve gap,

HOW MUCH FRICTION SHOULD THERE BE BETWEEN THE FEELER GAGE AND THE BUCKET/LOBE??

I know there is NO WAY I am compressing the valve spring...so if I can squeeze the feeler gage in there...is it satisfactory?

I am FINAALY getting this engine back together after 10 months of being disassembled AGAIN.

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated!!

Kevin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • B86_Racer

Posted July 05, 2004 - 02:41 AM

from what i was told, it should be SNUG. You should not have to shove the feeler guage in there and have to rip it out.

• FFRacing79

Posted July 05, 2004 - 02:51 AM

Kevin, if you were using a .006", it would be considered a "tight" 6. As long as there is some drag to the guage. I use a go/no go guage. One blade has 3 increments. The .005" ede slides easily, drags past the .006" but the .007 wont pass thru without a tug.
It's all in the feel :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.