measuring valve gap ...and feeler gages...???

2 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted July 04, 2004 - 03:25 PM

Alright,
When it comes to measuring valve gap,

HOW MUCH FRICTION SHOULD THERE BE BETWEEN THE FEELER GAGE AND THE BUCKET/LOBE??

I know there is NO WAY I am compressing the valve spring...so if I can squeeze the feeler gage in there...is it satisfactory?

I am FINAALY getting this engine back together after 10 months of being disassembled AGAIN.

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated!!

Kevin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sylvain

Posted July 04, 2004 - 06:42 PM

Hi Kevin !

When you insert the feeler blade between the parts, a slight drad should be felt. Also you should'nt be able to squeeze in the next size blade. So from what you described the adjustement looks OK.

BTW I make good use of the Acerbis tank I bought from you. It fits perfect and I corrected the right fuel line hazard. I installed a thicker fuel line along with a heat sink to get the heat away from the line.

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 05, 2004 - 02:20 AM

Hey Syl!!

I am happy it worked out w/ that tank. I was a little worried about fit up w/ the different years, but it WAS supposed to be compatable.

Yeah, I agree on the feeler gage. There is just NO WAY those .2mm blades could force a valve spring to compress.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.