Converting to LED's ???

3 replies to this topic
  • CJPilot

Posted July 04, 2004 - 12:43 PM

Seems like I go through about one rear dual filament bulb in my baja designs brakelight every week or so. How can I replace the bulb with a LED? Is it worth the hassel or should I just buy stock in a lightbulb manufacturer and make my fortune? Is there a trick for dampening the bulb socket so it does not shake the filament apart when its burning.

Let's hear all the tricks you got! Or...somebody want to go in half on a pallet of #1187 Bulbs? :thumbsup: TT bulk buy maybe!?

• jqueen

Posted July 04, 2004 - 06:47 PM

There shouldn't be a problem converting to LED's, just make sure you get good ones. The cheap ones at most parts stores are hard to tell the difference between running(half-on) and brake(full intensity).

I found some good ones at www.superbrightleds.com. The other thing to remember is to get the largest one that will fit in your application. I don't know what will fit in the Baja Design's taillight. I have the UFO integrated taillight/turn signal piece wired normally, and I also left the stock taillight on as an additional brake light(only on when the brakes are used).

Hope that helps

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted July 05, 2004 - 07:34 AM

I just got an LED for my 650r from Baja Designs. Really nice. Definite difference from running to brake light.

• CJPilot

Posted July 05, 2004 - 08:19 AM

Sweet! I did'nt know BajaDesigns had a kit out. I'll check it out, Thanks! :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.