WR426F Oil Filter Access

8 replies to this topic
  • redrider77

Posted July 04, 2004 - 11:40 AM

What is the trick to getting the last bolt on the oil filter cover out? Do you really have to take the (I have the stock) head pipe off? :thumbsup:

• yasotay1

Posted July 04, 2004 - 01:38 PM

I have the exact bike and no you don't have to take the headpipe off. You should have plenty of room unless your headpipe is bent down. I have the stock headpipe as well on an 01 wr426.

• icerider

Posted July 05, 2004 - 05:15 AM

I have change my oil at least 8 times now never had a problem with the pipe and it has all stock exhaust. Dont know why you have this problem :thumbsup:

Roost on!!

• JVP

Posted July 05, 2004 - 11:57 AM

Most likely you head pipe is bent. My friend has the same problem with his WR426. It seems the WR426 a just a little less room to work than the WR450. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redrider77

Posted July 05, 2004 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, it must be bent somehow. I looked at another 01426 today while I was riding, there was definatley no problem getting to the bolt on that bike. I guess I'll try loosing up the bolts on the head pipe and try and reposition it. Thanks for the input.

• bushy

Posted July 05, 2004 - 02:56 PM

I belive the 02's have a higher headpipe for oil filter acess. 01's do not. :thumbsup:

• Dodger

Posted July 06, 2004 - 05:46 AM

The '01's have a revamped bend to the head pipe, anything earlier have the lower bend. If you cannot access your upper right oil cover bolt, you bent your head pipe down a bit. I've too many to know this :thumbsup:....

Dodger :devil:

• Dodger

Posted July 06, 2004 - 05:46 AM

The '01's have a revamped bend to the head pipe, anything earlier have the lower bend. If you cannot access your upper right oil cover bolt, you bent your head pipe down a bit. I've bent too many to know this :thumbsup:....

Dodger :devil:

• Gadsen

Posted July 06, 2004 - 04:00 PM

What is the trick to getting the last bolt on the oil filter cover out? Do you really have to take the (I have the stock) head pipe off? :thumbsup:

I have a 01 WR426F with the stock exhaust and remove nothing to change the oil filter. :devil:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.