Questions about the footpeg mod.

12 replies to this topic
  • John407

Posted July 04, 2004 - 10:26 AM

I did the footpeg mod and I really like the extra room it gives me on my 450. But! I recently came up short on a jump and broke my lower leg on the kick start side, my foot may have come off the peg (I'm not really sure). My question for you guys is-- Now when I look at the peg on the kick start side it does not look level. It slopes down (it is lower on the back edge than it is on the front edge) I never noticed it before. The peg does not look broken, bent or loose, it just does not look level(the peg on the other side does look level). Will someone that has done the mod on a 450 let me know what their's look like? I haven't pulled the peg off yet (few more weeks of recovery yet) but I've spent the last couple of weeks wondering what happened and am wondering if the peg broke/bent before or after the crash or if the peg was always like that. Thanks guys.

• Satch0922

Posted July 04, 2004 - 11:25 AM

I did the footpeg mod over a year ago. Both of mine are level. I think maybe the crash (or a previous crash) bent the peg.

• John407

Posted July 04, 2004 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for checkin'.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 05, 2004 - 05:38 AM

I did the footpeg mod over a year ago. Both of mine are level. I think maybe the crash (or a previous crash) bent the peg.

Ditto

If you broke your leg on that jump then you must have hit hard enough to bend or tweek the peg mount.

I would look over that welded mount real close, I would bet you have damage there

• John407

Posted July 05, 2004 - 07:43 AM

Thanks guys,I will look at it closer as soon as I get a little more mobile. Part of the problem is that it wasn't even a harsh landing (I never even crashed) It felt like my right heel made contact with the ground before the bike did, but I'm not really sure. I think my foot was on the peg but only in the toe area and not the arch (or middle). It's been just about a month since the break and I'm going crazy! With boredom.

• Gizabious

Posted July 05, 2004 - 01:47 PM

Has anybody noticed their kickstart gets a hammering after doing this mod. The kickstart hits the teeth of the peg and smashs the S$#! out of it, anyone know a fix ???? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OC768

Posted July 05, 2004 - 06:20 PM

Has anybody noticed their kickstart gets a hammering after doing this mod. The kickstart hits the teeth of the peg and smashs the S$#! out of it, anyone know a fix ???? :thumbsup:

I haven't done any mods and my kickstart gets a hammering :devil:

Though it has on every F-bike I've owned, just a little less on the 450 cause it starts without the snake charming ritual the others did :awww:

• R_Little

Posted July 06, 2004 - 05:19 AM

john407 you might have got your foot or heal under the frame rail and the biek smashed it on the ground.

I did something like that once but all I got was a badly sprained ankle. Had to wear my boot all the way home (3 hrs) cause I was afraid to take it off!!

Hope you heal quickly.

• revolucien

Posted July 06, 2004 - 08:04 AM

i noticed that the pegs looked off when i first saw the bike in the showroom. i looked at another and it was the same. i don't know if it was just the way i was looking at it but, none of them looked symetrical. even on my 426 one was tweaked just a little.

• eazrider

Posted July 06, 2004 - 09:45 AM

What is the "Foot peg Mod" being referred to?

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 06, 2004 - 10:07 AM

What is the "Foot peg Mod" being referred to?

Moving the peg back and down about 3/4 of an inch over all. To do this your simply follow these steps

1: Swap Springs righ to left
2: Cut Barrol on Peg off (Hack Saw)
3: Debur (Very Well)
4: Weld (Not needed)
5: Grease pin well
6: Install New Mod

A must for Tall riders
Posted Image

• Aaron

Posted July 06, 2004 - 11:38 AM

If you are lazy and looking for the same result you can invest in some fastway footpegs.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 07, 2004 - 03:30 AM

If you are lazy and looking for the same result you can invest in some fastway footpegs.

:thumbsup:

It Took me a whole 20 minutes to do this mod

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.